CIG-E-FORUM  January 2014

CIG-E-FORUM January 2014

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: CIG-E-FORUM Digest - 13 Jan 2014 (#2014-6)

Tim O'Mahony <[log in to unmask]>

Tim O'Mahony <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:03:51 +0000

text/plain

Good morning. I was off yesterday so have just signed in. We are a public library in Ireland and have not yet started RDA cataloguing from scratch, and have no immediate plans to do so. However most of our records are imported, and many of them are RDA records. We do some editing on them to make them work with our library management system...in particular we add a GMD if the item is a non-book type, and we add a 260 tag. The relator subfields in 1xx and 7xx tags are working OK in our OPAC, and we don't change them. If there is a choice of record to be imported we take the fullest one, regardless of which format it is.

Regards to all,
Tim

Tim O'Mahony,
Library Staff Officer,
Bibliographic Services Department, Cork City Libraries,
Grand Parade, Cork.

T: 00353 21 4924926
F: 00353 21 4275684
E: [log in to unmask]
www.corkcitylibraries.ie

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments
is confidential and is designated solely for the attention and use of
the intended recipient(s). This information may be subject to
legal professional privilege. If you are not an intended recipient
of this e-mail or any part of it, you should not use, disclose, copy,
distribute or retain this message. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all
copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).

www.glowcork.ie