OCC-HEALTH  May 2013

OCC-HEALTH May 2013

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: OCC-HEALTH Digest - 15 May 2013 (#2013-188)

jean fisher <[log in to unmask]>

Occupational Health mailing list <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 16 May 2013 07:26:45 +0100

text/plain

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 May 2013, at 00:08, "OCC-HEALTH automatic digest system" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Topics of the day:

>  1. Workwell Resource list for strategic approach to OH

>  2. justification for increasing occ health hours (2)

>  3. client refusing to let OH send report to manager (4)

>  4. Reports and Data Protection (2)

>  5. Query-request for advice

> Hi

Yes, you will need consent. Does the Trust have a policy regarding this in place? Are you SEQOHS accredited?

> [...]

> From: [log in to unmask]

> Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] justification for increasing occ health hours

> To: [log in to unmask]

> As the others say the best approach is to start with a health needs assessment so initially your extra days a week may need to be spent doing this as this will ensure a business focused commercially aware plan that meets helps place employee well-being at the centre of the organisation's culture. Part of this may also need to include looking at current attendance management programmes and services to see if they are fit for purpose and/or a review of how the business currently uses the OH service. A great resource is the CIPD/HSE absence management toolkit if you have not seen it before/

> I've attached a document on health needs assessment; it's not OH specific but it is worthwhile all the same as you just apply to the work population/

> Regards

> Carr

> On 15 May 2013 16:56, Anna <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi

> Find out what are the business priorities with regards their employees; as these differ greatly between businesses. I am working with a business that has grown exponentially and will be growing further; their priority is employee psychological health and ensuring that they manage the pressure appropriately to promote engagement and prevent illness. This is unusual. Other businesses it will be more about health protection - surveillance and associated programmes and others about managing ill health and sadly others it is about protecting themselves from litigation from ill health and capability.

> A great report for employee engagement and psychological wellbeing is the MacLeod report. I also like The Business in the Community model for wellbeing.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: