NEW-MEDIA-CURATING  March 2013

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING March 2013

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: The Way We Share: Transparency in Curatorial Practice

Mark Amerika <[log in to unmask]>

Mark Amerika <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:55:06 -0600

text/plain

Good to hear from all of the early curators of net art et al ... Amanda,
Paul, Armin, Jon -----

Also, for what it's worth:

*Digital Studies: Being in Cyberspace* (1997)
Curated by Mark Amerika and Alex Galloway
Alt-X
http://www.altx.com/ds

with "keynote essays" and/or "net.art" by the likes of Ascott, Cosic,
Jennifer and Kevin McCoy, Manovich, Intima, Rackham, and Alex and I, etc.

Talk about link-rot : we keep it archived "as is" to further prove the
point (that much of early net art is part of a disappeared / disappearing
history) -- kind of the opposite of Bunting's "Own, Be Owned or Remain
Invisible" in that instead of the word-links gradually linking to web sites
as commodity destinations, the links to actual net art works go dead in
record time.

BTW, Alt-X is 20 years old this month and we are producing an e-book of
contributions from those who were aware of it and possibly influenced by it
from 1993 through today. If there's a story or statement you would like to
submit to the editors (Giselle Beiguelman and myself), please send it our
way. It need not be very long. We are thinking of publishing it
simultaneously in English and Portuguese.

Cheers, MA