Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Origin of term 'childlore'

"Beresin, Anna" <[log in to unmask]>

The Children's Folklore Mailing List <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:18:56 -0500

text/plain

**Please note that if you press the Reply button to respond to this mailing, it will be distributed to everyone on the Childlore List.  If you want to make a personal reply, you will need to modify the Reply-To line of your message.**

Dear All,
I've found the discussion thrilling.   Here's my two cents worth:
Children's Cultures seems to be the most inclusive, and the most academic of the terms. (Thank you, Andy.)
I see Childlore as the subset, the focus on the actual genres of play/belief/material culture within the larger field of Children's Cultures.
In other words, we collect Childlore, but make sense of it within the field of Children's Cultures.
wishing each of you well,
Anna

Anna Beresin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Liberal Arts