AACORN  April 2012

AACORN April 2012

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: AACORN Digest - 22 Apr 2012 to 23 Apr 2012 (#2012-25)

"Kupers, Wendelin" <[log in to unmask]>

Kupers, Wendelin

Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:11:46 +1200

text/plain

Hallo Katrin!
what a fascinating project! A long time ago I also organised an experimental event with Hochschule fur Musik, Tanz & Theater in Zuerich and St. Gallen University, involving students in experiential learning! Therefore I would appreciate to learn more about your emerging master program! Currently I also work on a phenomenology of affect & (Inter-)Dance in relation to leader- and followership as well as organisational transformation (based on Merleau-Ponty & kinetic~logos~ in sensu Maxine-Sheets Johnstone).
When work-places become stages for potential spaces of play and enacted narratives and embodied performances these are not only fixed work-stations, but milieus for movement, rhythms and even dance as media ‘that allows the human body to play with space – seeking a concretisation of spatial possibilities’ (Atkinson, 2008: 1089) as an emerging, localised form of ‘aesthetics’ of co-presence (Atkinson, 2008: 1083). Carnival Dance and Samba are example for movements towards the transgression the dualism between object-body and subject-body, showing their interdependency and staging the dialogue between bodies (Slutskaya & De Cock 2008). Also the unfolding dance as part of learning in teams (Rowe, 2008) and the dance of leadership as the art of leading (Kan, 2007) are show the potency of dance for our field.
I am very much convinced that dance can help further unblock dialogue, facilitates taking flight to fulfill its literal meaning as ‘meaning flowing through’ (Isaacs, 1993).
For choreography as an aesthetics of change have a look here
http://choreograph.net/articles/lead-article-choreography-as-an-aesthetics-of-change
http://choreograph.net/articles/lead-article-framing-paper-for-still-open

It would make sense to work with dancers and choreographers while developing and enacting a choreography as an embodied aesthetics of change/trans-formation.

Looking forward to hearing from you (and others)
warm regards
wendelin
Atkinson, D. (2008), Dancing ‘the management’: on social presence, rhythm and finding common purpose. Management Decision, Vol. 46, No. 7, 1081-1095.
Isaacs, W. (1993). Taking Flight: Dialogue, Collective Thinking and Organizational Learning. Organizational Dynamics. 22:2, pp. 24-39.
Kan, M. (2007). The dance of leadership: The art of leading in business, government, and society, Public Management Review, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 587-589.
Rowe, A. (2008), Unfolding the Dance of Team Learning: A Metaphorical Investigation of Collective Learning, Management Learning, Vol. 39, No. 1, 41-56
Slutskaya, M. and De Cock. C (2008), The Body Dances: Carnival Dance and Organization Organization, November 1,; 15(6): 851 – 868
______________________________________
Associate Professor Wendelin M. Küpers
School of Management
Massey University,  Albany Campus
Gate 1, South Highway 17, Albany or
Private Bag 102 904
North Shore City, Auckland, New Zealand
Phone: +64 (09) 441-8115 Ext. 9235
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web-Page massey.academia.edu
EGOS 2012 Creating Organizational Life: Embodied Art, Aesthetics and Design
http://www.egos2012.net/2011/06/creating-organizational-life-embodied-art-aesthetics-and-design/
Handbook on Practical Wisdom: Leadership, Organization and Integral Business Practice
http://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/learning/departments/school-of-management/symposia-conferences/practical-wisdom-symposium/call-for-chapters.cfm