FW: Sport, Sustainability and CSR - call for abstracts

Jim Parry <[log in to unmask]>

British Philosophy of Sport Association <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 11 Apr 2011 19:45:07 +0100

text/plain

________________________________
From: Louise Ellis
Sent: 11 April 2011 18:13
To: Jim Parry
Subject: Sport, Sustainability and CSR

Hi Jim

I would like to invite you to be involved in the special stream: Sport, Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at this year’s annual Corporate Responsibility Research Conference, to be hosted by the Sustainability Research Institute, University of Leeds,12th- 14th September 2011.

I am aware that you work in this area and thought you might be interested in presenting your work at the conference.

 A conference theme entitled Sport, Sustainability and CSR can mean a lot of things to a lot of people and absolutely nothing to others.  The aim of this special stream is to draw together the wide and diverse work, including work on mega-events, community and social development, ethics, sports management, social responsibility and organisational change and more broadly environmental, social and economic impacts of sports at all levels, which is being carried out in this area. We hope to share lessons learnt and insights on theory and practice from a diverse range of researchers and practitioners.  In line with the main conference event this stream wants to embrace the diversity of this field(s) and drive forward the debate around sustainability in relation to sport.

It is an exciting time for both researchers and practitioners working in this area, and to really take the agenda forward it is important that we all share our ideas and experiences. So we hope that you will join us and be part of CRRC 2011.

For more information please on presenting a paper at the conference please see the instructions for submitting an abstract at www.crrconference.org<http://www.crrconference.org/>. The full call for abstracts is copied below.

For more information on the sports stream please contact me via email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Please feel free to pass on to your colleagues and networks.

Kind Regards

Louise Ellis

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

Corporate Responsibility Research Conference 2011
Embracing Diversity - Driving the Debate

Sustainability Research Institute, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK

12th - 14th September 2011

Organised and hosted by University of Leeds in association with Queen's University Management School and the Euromed Management School Marseille.

Corporate responsibility is a widely diverse topic and it is vital that in order to move both practice and theory forward we must acknowledge this diversity, create a community which shares its knowledge and work together to drive the agenda forward in a positive and sustainable way.  This has never been so important as it is now; many of the world's economies are facing economic downturn and recession and the global economic and political balance is changing.

Within corporate responsibility it is important to recognise the role of all types of organisations and actors; of course we must understand and develop the internal mechanisms available to corporations but we must also understand and help drive forward the wider context in which corporations work.  Similarity, with the increased growth of partnerships we must also work with other organisations in order to really understand and enhance corporate responses to sustainability.

The tradition of the CRRC is to focus on the participants and the debate, we aim to create an environment, which is welcoming and friendly yet challenges the existing knowledge base and drives the debate around corporate responsibility forward.   We are keen to invite a wide variety of participants from across disciplinary backgrounds, from a variety of academic departments and from practitioners.

Topics include but are not limited to:
- Sustainability and supply chain
- Education for sustainable development
- Corporations and climate change
- Resource extraction, energy and sustainable development
- Sustainability and the retail sector
- Approaching sustainability through action research
- Standards for the future
- CSR and international development
- Sport, sustainability and CSR
- CSR and Intellectual Capital
- International CSR
- Responsible investment
- Consumer information and marketing
- CSR and the recession
- Responsible leadership
- Organisational change and sustainability
- Employee behaviour change towards sustainability

In addition to individual abstracts we welcome proposals for workshop streams.

Abstracts
Initial abstracts of a maximum of 300 words should be emailed to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by 15th May 2011. Files should be sent in MS Word or PDF format, and the file name should be first author's surname. Please include names, affiliations and contact details of all authors. Abstracts will be reviewed and selected by the scientific committee of the conference. Authors will be notified of acceptance by 31st May 2011.

Papers
The conference papers of a maximum of 6,000 words including references should be emailed to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> no later than 15th August 2011. Please note that papers will not be accepted unless speaker(s) have registered in full for the conference.

PhD Workshop
Our popular pre-conference PhD Workshop will be held on the afternoon of 12 September.  It will appeal to first-time attendees as well as those who have attended throughout their PhD career.  This annual workshop provides a relaxed environment to allow lively exchange and discussion between PhD students as well as the opportunity to gain helpful advice and feedback from a panel of experienced PhD supervisors in the field.  We've also added some new bits to this year's session including a collaborative session to identify emerging issues in the field and develop a research agenda for publication. Be sure to join us and have your voice heard in setting a course for the future of CSR research.

Best Paper Awards
The scientific committee of the conference will review all papers presented and award two prizes for the CRRC best overall paper and the CRRC best PhD paper at the conference dinner. Criteria for the selection process are contribution to the research field, quality of the research, innovativeness, and diversity of views.

Important Dates
7th February  Call for Abstracts opens
15th May Deadline for Abstract submission
31st May  Notification of accepted abstracts & Conference registration opens
15th July  Deadline for registration
15th August  Deadline for full papers
12th September CRRC PhD Workshop
13-14th September  Corporate Responsibility Research Conference

Conference Fees
Full Conference Package £380*
Full Conference Package PhD   £300**
Registration only  £300
Registration only PhD £220
Conference Dinner  £45
Accommodation       £42
(Bed & Breakfast) per night

*includes conference registration, accommodation and conference dinner.
**includes full conference package plus dinner after the PhD workshop

More detailed information on the conference, registration and payment, the venue and logistics can be found at www.crrconference.org<http://www.crrconference.org/> or from the conference organising committee [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Dr Louise Ellis
Programme Manager: MSc Sustainability (Environmental Consultancy)

Business & Organisations for Sustainable Societies Group (BOSS)
Sustainability Research Institute
University of Leeds
Leeds
LS2 9JT
(0113) 3433316

Corporate Responsibility Research Conference:
http://www.crrconference.org/