Re: ACE 'funding'

Simon Biggs <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:43:16 +0100

text/plain

The "marriage" between eca and the University has not happened in the best
of financial circumstances and this has cast a pall over the process. It has
also complicated the negotiations, especially when so many vested interests
outwith the two institutions in question have been sniping, seeking to
damage the process. However, I can assure you that internally most academic
staff in the College and the University strongly support the merger and we
have been working very hard to make it happen and be a success. Some of us
have been working towards this goal for years. As many have said, it should
have happened years ago.

Best

Simon

Simon Biggs