Re: titering baculovirus ?

Nathaniel Clark <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:16:21 -0400

text/plain

On another note, we have moved from baculovirus to stable poly or
monoclonal Tn5 cell lines using the pIB/V5-HIS vector.  It removes all
concerns about titering and viral propagation, and for most of our
proteins, the expression level is the same or better.  We secrete all
our proteins, so the stable cell line is great, you just grow several
liters of the cells to a high density, harvest the supernatant, and
purify.  It's much simpler.
Nat