JiscMail Logo

Help for CONSUMER-HEALTH-INFORMATICS Archives

CONSUMER-HEALTH-INFORMATICS Archives

CONSUMER-HEALTH-INFORMATICS Archives

CONSUMER-HEALTH-INFORMATICS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

CONSUMER-HEALTH-INFORMATICS Home

CONSUMER-HEALTH-INFORMATICS Home

CONSUMER-HEALTH-INFORMATICS  November 2010

CONSUMER-HEALTH-INFORMATICS November 2010

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

British HCI 2011 Health, Wealth and Happiness, call for papers

Liz Sillence <[log in to unmask]>

Liz Sillence <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 17 Nov 2010 15:04:25 +0000

text/plain

HCI 2011 – Health, Wealth and Happiness
Call for Papers

The 25th British Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI2011),

July 4th – 8th, 2011, Northumbria University, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK.

HCI 2011 will be held between the 4th of July and the 8th July, 2011, in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK.  The HCI Educators conference, Workshops and Tutorials will be held on 4th and 5th July, 2011 and a Doctorial Consortium on the 5th July. The main conference runs from the 6th-8th July, 2011. HCI 2011 is organised by the PaCT Lab (Northumbria University) in cooperation with the British Computer Society.

This year we will be looking for papers to put in our alt.hci sessions. So if you think your work doesn’t usually make it into this conference then maybe this year is your year.

Accepted papers will be published by BCS in the annual conference proceedings, freely available online in BCS Electronic Workshops in Computing (eWiC) and will also be included in the ACM digital library.

Important Dates:

•       Full Paper and Workshop submission: 21st January, 2011
•       Workshop notification of acceptance: 11th February, 2011
•       Work in Progress and alt.chi submission: 18th February, 2011
•       Short and Posters  submission: 18th February, 2011
•       Demos and Experiences submission: 18th February, 2011
•       Doctoral Consortium 18th February, 2011
•       Panels: 18th February, 2011
•       Notification of Acceptance for all other categories: 8th April 2011

•       Camera-ready copy for proceedings required by 6th May 2011

•       Deadline for author registration: 4th May 2011

•       Conference: 4th July – 8th July, 2011

Conference Scope and Description

Human Computer Interaction is a key area of computing, This is the leading conference in the field of Human Computer Interaction in the UK. It covers the design, evaluation and application of techniques and approaches for interacting with devices and services.  HCI is now on its 25th conference and at this anniversary we ask you to reflect on our theme of Health, Wealth and Happiness. .  Technology is posed to play a growing part in our health and maintaining well being into older age; wealth manifests itself in many ways, many of which we do not always recognise – relationships, richness of life experience, creativity and innovation, knowledge and qualities of character. Lastly is there a relationship between happiness and technology use, will more gadgets increase our well being? And as ever contributions in any aspect of HCI are welcome.

Suggested topics

We solicit original research and technical papers not published elsewhere including the following topics :

-       Affective interaction
-       Aesthetic interaction
-       Art and interaction
-       Bodily interaction
-       Cyber-relationships, sex and eroticism
-       Design and Evaluation methods
-       Ethnographic and field studies
-       Ethics and HCI
-       Experience Design
-       Fun and Play
-       Health informatics and technology
-       Human values
-       Information visualization and presentation
-       Interaction Criticism
-       Moods, meditation and relaxation
-       Musical and audio interaction
-       Novel interaction techniques and devices
-       Privacy, Security and Trust
-       Social networking
-       Spirituality and Beliefs
-       Sustainability and HCI
-       Ubiquitous, pervasive, and mobile interaction
-       Universal design
-       Usability studies
-       User Experience (UX)
-       Wearables and fashion
-       Wellbeing and technology

Chairs

•       General and Local: Linda Little and Lynne Coventry, PaCT Lab, Northumbria University
•       Full Papers: Mark Blythe, Northumbria University and Peter Wright, Newcastle University
•       Short Papers: Paul Vickers, Northumbria University and Steve Love, Brunel University
•       Work in Progress: Mike Just, Edinburgh University and Karen Renauld, Glasgow University
•       Doctoral colloquium: Elizabeth Sillence and Gilbert Cockton, Northumbria University
•       Demos and Interactive Experience: Patrick Olivier, Newcastle University and Elizabeth Churchill, Yahoo
•       Workshops: Peter Wild, Northumbria University and Sian Lindley, Microsoft Research UK
•       Industry Track: (to be announced)
•       Posters: Jeremy Ellman, Northumbria University and Jeffrey Bardzell, Indiana University
•       Panels: Janet Read, University of Central Lancaster and Pam Briggs, Northumbria University
•       Social Events: Gill Case, Northumbria University

Keynote Speakers

•       Abigail Sellon, Microsoft Research, UK
•       Gregory Abowd, Georgia Tech, USA

Paper Submission

Submissions must be in an electronic form as PDF format. All submissions should be formatted to the ACM standard, see http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates , and will appear on-line in the BCS EWiCS series and the ACM Digital Library. Submissions should be made through the EasyChair system, which will open for submissions in November and will be linked from the conference website http://www.hci2011.co.uk/ with detailed instructions. We have put together an international review panel. Submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least 3 peer-reviewers, selected by the appropriate chairs. Additional guidelines can be found on the conference’s website.

It is a condition of acceptance that at least one author must register for each accepted paper, no later than the early bird deadline of 4th May 2011.