PSCI-COM  October 2010

PSCI-COM October 2010

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: PSCI-COM Digest - 19 Oct 2010 to 20 Oct 2010 (#2010-247)

"Roberts L E (CeLL)" <[log in to unmask]>

psci-com: on public engagement with science

Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:32:50 +0000

text/plain

Hello All,

I am about to launch my recruitment drive for a project I run called 'The Science Date'.

I am looking for scientists in business/industry/academia/research to take part in the event which will be held in March 2011.

The scientist would have to develop a short story (which would last around 15-20 mins) about their career and education in science and what excites them about it! They would then tell this story to Year 9 school pupils in an intimate theatre environment. (there is NO 'performance' involved!)

This project is based in South Wales and will take place in Cardiff, so scientists need to be reasonably local.

We are happy to cover travel costs and will provide catering at all meetings/events (maximum of 3 meetings and one day long event).

If anyone is interested in finding out more or could pass this on to colleagues I would be very grateful!

Many thanks, Laura Roberts

First Campus

Hands on Science Coordinator