Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Qlippoth and Magic

Jake Stratton-Kent <[log in to unmask]>

Society for The Academic Study of Magic <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:45:02 +0100

text/plain

On 30 June 2010 20:37, Ted Hand <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I've read Karlsson, he's earnest and grapples with a little bit of Kabbalah
> scholaship in order to develop his theories. I imagine it would be a useful
> text for anybody who wants to practice this stuff (whatever its
> historical-mystical provenance and ontological status!)  and I'm sure it
> deserves study in terms of this interesting question of how people receive
> and transmute magical ideas. I didn't realize he was involved with the
> Therion folks.

he isn't, I haven't heard so much as a 93 from those of his associates
I've met, who are interested and informed on traditional magic,
alongside their more modern interests. They tell me I think like a
Swede, presumably complimentary ;)
Where we disagree is in associating grimoire spirits with the qlipoth,
but that has become common enough in the wake of Mathers and Crowley.
Indeed there is a spirit called 'Klepoth' in a Solomonic text, it
likely meant little more than 'spirit' in the understanding of the
Gentile composer.

Jake

Jake

http://www.underworld-apothecary.com/