SUBCULTURAL-STYLES  April 2010

SUBCULTURAL-STYLES April 2010

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: 2nd Posting: a critical examination of the new intro to RTR

Ian Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>

List for study of youth style subcultures <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:13:35 +1000

text/plain

Broadcast on a Saturday morning music video show back in the (analogue) days
before MTV,  this clip is the ur-moment of hip hop in Australia‹a cargo cult
event  in which the future washed up on antipodean shores, offering a
glimpse into a cultural density and a range of performative
options‹breaking, writing etc‹that was taken up in Monday morning
playgrounds with an urgency and sense of mission. Astounding.

--
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR IAN MAXWELL
Department of Performance Studies | School of Letters, Art and Media

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
S108A, Woolley Building A20 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9351 6847| F +61 2 351 5676| M +61 405 635942
E [log in to unmask]  | W http://sydney.edu.au/arts/performance

Chair, University of Sydney Human Research Ethics Committee
Associate Dean, Teaching and Learning
President, Australasian Association for Theatre, Drama and Performance
Studies (ADSA)

CRICOS 00026A

This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use
is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it
and any attachments.