DC-EDUCATION  December 2009

DC-EDUCATION December 2009

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: DC-Ed AP - teacher or learner resource???

Liddy Nevile <[log in to unmask]>

Liddy Nevile <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 14 Dec 2009 08:31:07 +1100

text/plain

mmm...

Looking at what Ted says, maybe we need a term that is used to
describe not the resource, but if it is accompanied by 'pedagogical
description'. If we did this, a resource might be described initially
by say a library, using 'standard' DC and then a teacher might write
some notes about how to use the resource "a teaching resource" and the
teaching resource and the (learning) resource could be linked by being
bundled or by metadata. I am wondering if our very politically correct
language is getting in the way here - everything Stuart talked about
was for the teacher - not a learning resource but a teaching resource
perhaps, and what Sarah has been working on is what a student might
want for learning. I think this is important, especially in a world
where a lot of learning is teacher independent.

Liddy