ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC  October 2009

ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC October 2009

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Fwd: BMCR 2009.10.37: Teeter on Garman, The Cult of the Matronae in the Roman Rhineland: An Historical Evaluation of the Archaeological Evidence

mandrake <[log in to unmask]>

Society for The Academic Study of Magic <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:35:49 +0100

text/plain

Roberto Labanti wrote:

thanks - really useful
wondering though what that the academic
definition of a silly effort at revival?

"Chapter six considers the possible survival of the /matronae/ in later
Christian legend,
for which the evidence is quite thin, and some neo-pagan efforts at
revival that are merely silly."

: )

Mogg