PV-NET-DISCUSS  June 2008

PV-NET-DISCUSS June 2008

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: New Bid for Participatory Network: suggestions sought

Duncan Fuller <[log in to unmask]>

Participatory Video Network Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:49:47 +0100

text/plain

Hi EJ

No problem - and yes we're happy to play reserve.

Given the focus/gap you suggest below I suggest you have a chat with Richard Wilson at Involve ([log in to unmask]) as the 'government' and policy angle has been a focus of theirs for some time, they are very active on a range of fronts, and have particularly good links into various parts of 'government'.  Richard is also a member of the PPfC (http://www.ppfc-uk.net/who.shtml), many other members of which would also be very appropriate. Another person who would be useful is Jonathan Pugh at Newcastle, who is involved in setting up the "The Space of Democracy and Democracy of Space" network.  Paul Chatterton at Leeds would be very good on the activist link angle given his autonomousgeographies project and role as Secretary of PyGyWG; Pete North at Liverpool (again geog) used to organised seminars for the Local Economy Policy Unit and has good contacts too.  I know Giles and the PB people (both Newc and National) - let me know if you want me to forward any message on.  Rachel Pain at Durham hosted a conference there in Jan that drew a lot of people from different backgrounds too.

People here could offer stuff/training around participatory appraisal, the use of photography and audio recordings (via mywalks), participatorymapping, comics...

And I'm still not convinced that the writing up stuff is tricky!  I'd be interested in doing something around that so that people could convince me otherwise!!

Bests