DC-IEEELTSC-TASKFORCE  June 2008

DC-IEEELTSC-TASKFORCE June 2008

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Joint DCMI/IEEE Taskforce meeting June 11

Mikael Nilsson <[log in to unmask]>

Mikael Nilsson <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:37:31 +0200

text/plain

Reminder!

Meeting: http://fm.ea-tel.eu/fm/345904-13781

14.00 UTC.

Sorry for the missing agenda, but there is some political turbulence
here in Sweden right now [1].

We will discuss the necessary modifications to the LOM->DCAM mapping, as
posted on the taskforce wiki.

/Mikael

[1] http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/146750/swedish_govt_to_vote_on_allowing_email_phone_monitoring.html

mån 2008-06-02 klockan 17:42 +0200 skrev Mikael Nilsson:
> Hi!
>
> The Joint DCMI/IEEE LTSC taskforce will be holding a flashmeeting on
>
> June 11
> 14.00 UTC
>
> Note that discussions around the taskforce work are held on the open
> taskforce email list. Instructions for participation are available on
> the Taskforce wiki,
>
> http://dublincore.org/educationwiki/DCMIIEEELTSCTaskforce
>
> so please make sure you join that list if you want to take part in the
> work. I will continue to announce meetings to this list to make sure
> everyone gets the meeting invitations. Also note that the LOM meetings
> organized by Erik will only contain taskforce reports and IEEE-specific
> administrativia - the actual work will be performed on the separate
> taskforce calls and the taskforce email list.
>
> I will post an agenda to the taskforce list later this week.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mikael
>
> Mikael Nilsson skrev:
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > After a spring of absence, let's kickstart the finalization of the two
> > standards (PARs now accepted).
> >
> > If you missed it, the task force work was presented at the IEEE LOM
> > meeting in April:
> >
> > http://www.ieeeltsc.org/EventItems/ltsc-spring-2007-meeting
> >
> > There's a flashmeeting recording at
> >
> > http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/fm/5a090c-13049
> >
> > and my presentation is at
> >
> > http://www.slideshare.net/m94mni/lom-dcam-presentation-for-lom-meeting-20080423
> >
> > My plan is to have well-developed drafts available for DC-2008 in
> > Berlin, where I have requested the allocation a taskforce workshop (to
> > which you are all welcome).
> >
> > I would like to set up a flashmeeting somewhere around June 10-13. On
> > the agenda is mainly sorting out some modeling decisions following the
> > publication of the updated DCMI Terms on Jan 14 and last year's updated
> > DCAM. I am in the process of working through the wiki material and
> > gathering issues.
> >
> > I've set up a doodle poll at
> >
> > http://doodle.ch/participation.html?pollId=unscmpmp3277xb7x
> >
> > Please indicate your availability by May 29 at the very latest (Note the
> > support for timezones - be sure to choose the right zone in the
> > dropdown).
> >
> > I'd also like to take this opportunity to mention that the taskforce
> > work has been mentioned in the ISO work on Metadata for Learning
> > Resources - see resolution 6 of
> >
> > http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink/7224951/WG4_N0257_Resolutions_of_the_2008-03_Jeju_WG4_Meeting.pdf?func=doc.Fetch&nodeid=7224951
> >
> > And, please don't hesitate to put forward any questions you might have
> > at this point.
> >
> > /Mikael

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose