JiscMail Logo

Help for MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING Archives

MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING Archives

MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING Archives

MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING Home

MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING Home

MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING  May 2008

MANDARIN-CHINESE-TEACHING May 2008

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

China Sichuan Earthquake Donation Appeal - Supplementary Notes

Xiaoman SUN <[log in to unmask]>

Mandarin Chinese Teaching <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 15 May 2008 23:31:57 +0100

text/plain

Please forward to your friends or people who might concern,thanks

关于向中国四川特大地震灾区捐款的补充说明

China Sichuan Earthquake Donation Appeal - Supplementary Notes

5月12日14点28分中国四川省汶川县发生了里氏7.8级强烈地震,灾区人民生命财产遭受了重大损失,伤亡人数不断上升。我们无法控制地震发生,但我们积极应对,温家宝总理第一时间感到灾区现场指挥救灾工作。

The earthquake in Sichuan China on Monday 12th May has caused enormous loss of life and widespread destruction. The death toll is still climbing. We can’t stop earthquakes from happening but we can actively respond to such natural disasters. Premier Wen Jiabao took the lead and immediately arrived at the disaster area to supervise the relief work.

英国四川同乡会、中英科技贸易协会仅此向全英广大华侨华人发出倡议,向祖国灾区中的同胞们伸出援助之手,让血脉再相连。

The Sichuan Association of the UK, the China-Britain Technology and Trade Association (CBTTA) are hereby calling on all Chinese people in the UK to donate generously to the special disaster relief fund created by CBTTA.

在英国,如果大家把钱捐给在英国注册的慈善机构的账户的话,按照英国的法律规定可以获得英国政府28%返税善款.也就是说如果您捐给慈善团体100镑的话,实际您给受助对象捐的款项总额将为128镑。

中英科技贸易协会(www.cbtta.org.uk <http://www.cbtta.org.uk/> )是在英国注册的正规慈善机构 (注册号:1108122),其银行账户就是这样一个慈善团体的账户,您把钱捐到该帐户,中英科技贸易协会向英国政府申告28%的退税,同时把钱捐给中国大使馆,但是这样就可以使捐给中国的款项的总额增加28%。

China-Britain Technology and Trade Association (CBTTA) is a UK registered charity (Registration No. 1108122) founded by Chinese professionals working and living in Great Britain. By donating to the Association’s Charity Account, the British Government will add 28% to the value of your donations as tax rebates. In other words, a £100 donation will be boosted to £128. CBTTA will pool donations from all individuals together and apply to the British Government for this tax rebate. The money raised together with the additional 28% tax relief will be donated to the Chinese Embassy in the UK to be forwarded to the sufferers in the disaster region.

中英科技贸易协会捐助方式如下:

There are three ways to donate your money to CBTTA:

1.By direct online transfer from your bank account to the CBTTA’s account:

Bank Name: Halifax PLC

Account: 00930632

Sort code: 11-08-09

Account holder: CBTTA (China-Britain Technology and Trade Association)

IBAN: GB77HLFX11080900930632 (for donations from outside the UK)

2.By visiting your local branch of your bank or any branch of the Halifax bank to pay your donated sum into the above-mentioned account. Please specify “for Sichuan Earthquake” when doing so.

3.By sending a cheque payable to CBTTA to the following address:

Dr Daniel Lee(李云增博士)

3 Louise Road

London E15 4NN

UK

Please write “Sichuan Earthquake Donation” at the back of your cheque.

If you use methods 2 or 3, please also send an email to both the following email addresses: [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] specifying how much is donated, in whose name and at what date the money is credited to the account.