LIS-INFOLITERACY  February 2008

LIS-INFOLITERACY February 2008

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: CIBER report on the Google Generation

Mon, 4 Feb 2008 16:50:49 +0000

text/plain

Hi Kathy,

I agree school librarians are doing an excellent job.
Often in the face of a lack of understanding or even
opposition. Some students are very able. In particular, we
find, those who have done International Baccaleuriat tend
to be good probably because it places a lot of emphasis on
independent research.

What I hope is that your efforts with DCFS will have a
fundamental impact on schools and the integration of
information literacy.

 From our studies here at L'boro, currently, information
literacy is tackled to some extent at the Primary School
level but less so when they come to secondary education -
other than the specifics of plagiarism and perhaps
referencing. In secondary school, primarily due to the
current curriculum but also due to the lack of
understanding of the complexities of information literacy
it is less well addressed.

Mark