MATURE-LEARNING  August 2007

MATURE-LEARNING August 2007

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Mature learning - list of factors - questioning the list per se

Anita Pincas <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion of mature learning for leisure, health, or work

Sat, 25 Aug 2007 17:22:07 +0100

text/plain

Hello Rosemary

Would you use the same arguments to say that there was no need to train teachers of kindergarten, elementary, primary, secondary, or university  ages separately?  Ie one teacher training for all, given that there are complexities everywhere?  Or have I missed the point?

The list arose because I asked people to comment on what characteristics, if any, might influence the way older people learn in comparison with younger adults.  Obviously, most of the characteristics in the current list [with the exception of having greater experience] could apply to learners of any age.  But in answering the question, we would  surely be assuming that these were likelihoods, not invariant traits.

Anita