CETIS-PORTFOLIO  July 2007

CETIS-PORTFOLIO July 2007

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: A model relating e-portfolios to software?

Coolin Kirstie <[log in to unmask]>

e-portfolio practitioners and developers <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:55:51 +0100

text/plain

Hi all,

Do we also need to include in the functionality that the subject of the
ePortfolio is able to receive comments/feedback, whether through
selective presentation, or as required from a supervisor or assessor?

This is a very interesting discussion. I have visited several Colleges
recently, and the question ' what do you mean by ePortfolio?' has come
up again and again, so general agreement on such a model would certainly
help in evaluating what processes are currently in use. Often there is
'portfollio type' activity occuring, but it's not explicitly
acknowledged as such.
Also, with regards to Facebook etc. These types of services could be
used to create a presentation for an audience for comment...
I guess the challenge is finding a core of functionality, and mapping
ways in which software that may provide the other bits can plug into
this.

Regards,
Kirstie

Kirstie Coolin