Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: A model relating eportfolios: Becta

Terri Kinnison <[log in to unmask]>

e-portfolio practitioners and developers <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:40:52 +0100

text/plain

Interesting Alan; I was musing last night about how crucial the role of
*some form* of assessment (including peer, self, formative etc.) is, to
help define what 'eportfolio' is. This would help us differentiate
general 'purposes'(like MySpace?) from
'learning/education/accreditation' purposes and also to see the
enhancement that 'eportfolio' brings to simple data transfer? Is the
word 'evidence' in the definitions sufficient to include the concept of
assessment?
Forgive me if I have missed or laboured a point, this has been very
useful and as Peter has described, complements the  Becta work nicely.
regards

Terri Kinnison
 Becta 14-19 Policy Adviser