PODIATRY  May 2007

PODIATRY May 2007

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Midtarsal Joint Biomechanics and Interaction of Tension/Compression Elements During Stance Phase

Stanley Beekman <[log in to unmask]>

A group for the academic discussion of current issues in podiatry <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 5 May 2007 23:50:10 -0400

text/plain

Shane,

Good point. Also I find the lateral cuneiform should be included.

If  I could expound on your point.
Here's the postural test for these dysfunctions:
Put the feet in neutral position and palpate the ASIS's. Now let the
feet go into relaxed calcaneal stance position. If the ASIS drops on
either side, it is usually a sign of a restriction of movement for the
cuneiforms.
Part of the function as a mobile adapter is to allow the foot to go to
either an inverted of everted position without the upper body getting
affected. Any restriction of the foot joints interferes with the
interdependence of these joints It would not be in primitive man's best
interest to run after prey (or away from predators), and because he
steps on angled ground, have his direction changed just prior to propulsion.

Regards,

Stanley