Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Vacancy: Reviewer of websites required

artifact email id <[log in to unmask]>

Architecture Schools' Computing Association <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:59:42 +0000

text/plain

Apologies for cross-postings

Intute: Arts and Humanities (based in the University of Oxford, and
Manchester Metropolitan University Library) has a vacancy for a reviewer
of websites. Please would you help us to circulate this call to all
appropriate lists.

We want to recruit a postgraduate (either a candidate for a doctorate,
or a librarian or lecturer) to assist with the selection, evaluative
review, and detailed cataloguing of websites which are of value to
research, learning or teaching in the arts or humanities in the UK.
These reviews and other presentations are then made freely available
through the nationally funded Intute online service, see
http://www.intute.ac.uk/artsandhumanities/

In particular we are hoping to receive applications from experts in the
following subjects:
  * Architecture
  * Classics
  * English
  * History
  * History and Philosophy of Science
  * Linguistics
  * Religion and Theology, in particular Islam or Hinduism
  * And all languages and area studies but especially for the study of
Africa, Australasia, Middle East, North America, Southeast or South Asia.

You should have an eye for detail, excellent command of written English,
knowledge and experience of using the Internet in your studies,
research, or teaching, and good knowledge of the academic requirements
of students, teachers, and researchers in your subject in the UK.

To apply please email [log in to unmask] by 1st March 2007 with
the following information:
  1. attach a copy of your CV;
  2. explain your knowledge and experience of using the Internet in your
work;
  3. tell us about one website which you think is missing from our
collection. Consult our collection development policy (download as a
Word document from http://www.intute.ac.uk/policy.html) and the Intute
database to learn about our selection criteria and to ensure the
resource is not already catalogued. Please write the title and URL and
describe the online resource in less than 200 words.
  4. confirm that you are eligible to work in the UK, and that you have
a UK bank account and that you have broadband or university network
access to the Internet to be able to undertake this work;
  5. tell us how many hours per week (on average) you would like to work;
  6. put Intute in the subject line of your email

This employment is on a contract basis, paid at an hourly rate, by the
Oxford University Computing Services (OUCS). This role will involve
about 20 hours work per week on average, however this can be flexible.
You must be eligible to work in the UK, and have a UK bank account. Work
will normally take place in your home or office, (our system is
available to use from any broadband or university network Internet
connection). The successful candidate will undertake probationary
training on our online system. Once this probationary period is complete
the training reviews you submitted can be added to Intute's live
database, and you will receive payment. Once training is completed the
work will not be focused exclusively on your subject so flexibility is
essential. Initially this employment is available until the end of July
2007, when our financial year is completed. Further employment on a
contract basis may be available.

If you have any queries please contact the team by emailing

NB applications must be submitted to [log in to unmask] by 1st
March 2007

With regards,

Alun Edwards
Intute: Arts and Humanities http://www.intute.ac.uk/artsandhumanities/
Email: [log in to unmask]

Artifact is now called Intute Arts and Humanities
http://www.intute.ac.uk/artsandhumanities/
Please update the URL in your links directory:
'The best of the Web for the Arts and Humanities'
Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you
should read the Manchester Metropolitan University's email
disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer