JiscMail Logo

Help for WORKINTEGRATEDLEARNINGUK Archives

WORKINTEGRATEDLEARNINGUK Archives

WORKINTEGRATEDLEARNINGUK Archives

WORKINTEGRATEDLEARNINGUK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

WORKINTEGRATEDLEARNINGUK Home

WORKINTEGRATEDLEARNINGUK Home

WORKINTEGRATEDLEARNINGUK  January 2007

WORKINTEGRATEDLEARNINGUK January 2007

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: work INTEGRATED learning day - and hello to new participants

Sibyl Coldham <[log in to unmask]>

Work Integrated Learning Network <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:21:30 -0000

text/plain

Dear Jo

I will be attending the Network day on 22nd March at Surrey - but am
also taking this opportunity to introduce myself round the network.

I am the Director of the University of Westminster CETL for Professional
Learning From the Workplace. We see the role of the Centre as to develop
a community of practice that develops the conditions for learning in,
from and through work. We see this community as including students,
academics, employers and other organisations concerned with accrediting
workplace learning. We aim to do this through engaging with employers to
understand their needs and enhance their engagement in the curriculum;
through curriculum critique and developments that prepare students
experientially for the workplace; that bring forward the learning from
experiences of work and encourage the learner to integrate these
learning experiences for the enhancement of their professional and
personal practice; and through processes of reflexive evaluation and
dissemination such as action learning.

We are a new Centre that was created by drawing together aspects of
"excellent" practice in this area with the University to work together,
www.hefce.ac.uk).

An area for discussion that I am concerned about at the moment, as my
university puts greater emphasis on its employability strategy, is how
we maintain the focus on the learner as a person or organisation who is
developing their practice of "Learning for a Complex World" - as in
Surrey's conference for later in the year - at the centre of the
project.

 Best wishes

Sibyl

Sibyl Coldham
Director - Centre for Excellence in
Professional Learning from the Workplace
University of Westminster
+444 (0) 207 911 5192