**STUDY GROUP NEWS UPDATE**

Angharad Beckett <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:46:09 +0000

**GROUP NEWS UPDATE**

Dear All,

We would like to thank all those who attended the launch meeting last
Monday and everyone who sent their good wishes for the meeting. A summary
of the discussion that took place at the event is attached here.

We are also very pleased to be able to announce that we have just received
confirmation from the organisers of the BSA Annual Conference 2007 that a
workshop event for this study group has been included in the conference
programme.

The title of the event is the: ‘Policy, Technology and Society’ workshop.
Please find attached an invitation to, and further details re. the focus
of this event.

FURTHER INFO. – there are two presentation ‘slots’ available to members of
this study group as part of this workshop and so we are writing to invite
members to give a presentation as part of this event. If you would like to
give a short 15 minute presentation on a topic related to the focus of the
workshop, then please send a short abstract to Angharad Beckett. As time
is pressing, the deadline for submitting abstracts for this workshop is
the **26th January**. In the advent of there being multiple abstracts
submitted, a decision will have to be reached by the workshop organisers
about which papers ‘fit’ the focus of the workshop most closely.

**There is no requirement that participants in this workshop submit a full
paper to the BSA in advance of the conference (though they are welcome to
do so if they so wish). A short presentation is all that is required.**

We do hope to hear from people about this!

Best wishes,

Angharad Beckett.
(And on behalf of Justin Waring).