THE-WORKS  2006

THE-WORKS 2006

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: New sub: My Life with a Latin Professor

Sally James <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 30 Apr 2006 08:45:49 +0100

text/plain

Well I love this Grassy it is so unique and I can find nothing to crit as
usual with your work. Like someone else said it is a pleasure to read and
your imagination is superb. This poem captures for me the essence of love
with an old excentric. So many phrases that I like but especially "they
freshen the air with a lemon grass scent" and "the smell of burnt feathers
and incense between the thighs". When someone is madly in love the act of
making love can be a spiritual experience and I think you have capture this
in humour. Not in the sickly "stick you fingers in your mouth way"
but with a kind of way that is new and fresh and gives a rather excentric
view of love.
A great poem for me Grassy and thanks for the enjoyable read. Sally J