PRAHA2006 / 2nd circular

Per Jensen <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:12:02 +0200

text/plain

 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|                                                                   |_|
|_|                 Second Circular  for PRAHA2006,                   |_|
|_| the 19th  International Conference  on High Resolution Molecular  |_|
|_|        Spectroscopy to be held in Prague, Czech Republic,         |_|
|_|        Tuesday, August 29  -  Saturday, September 2, 2006         |_|
|_|                                                                   |_|
|_| If you plan to participate in the conference, or if you have not  |_|
|_| decided yet but would like to get the second circular,  you must  |_|
|_| preregister,  preferably by  means of our WWW  fill-out-form. Do  |_|
|_|         not wait for a printed  version of the circular.          |_|
|_|                                                                   |_|
|_| PLEASE PASS ON THIS INFORMATION TO OTHER INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS!  |_|
|_|                                                                   |_|
|_| PLEASE NOTE: THIS CIRCULAR WILL NOT BE DISTRIBUTED BY PAPER MAIL  |_|
|_|_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

   PPPPPPP   RRRRRRR    AAAAAA   HH    HH   AAAAAA    000000    666666
   PP    PP  RR    RR  AA    AA  HH    HH  AA    AA  00    00  66     6
   PP    PP  RR    RR  AA    AA  HH    HH  AA    AA  00    00  66
   PPPPPPP   RRRRRRR   AAAAAAAA  HHHHHHHH  AAAAAAAA  00    00  66666666
   PP        RR  RR    AA    AA  HH    HH  AA    AA  00    00  66    66
   PP        RR   RR   AA    AA  HH    HH  AA    AA  00    00  66    66
   PP        RR    RR  AA    AA  HH    HH  AA    AA   000000    666666

The 19th International Conference on High Resolution Molecular Spectroscopy
             Prague, Czech Republic, August 29-September 2, 2006

                        LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

           STEPAN URBAN, chairman                  VLADIMIRA BERGEROVA
                                                       OTA BLUDSKY
      Institute of Chemical Technology              JAROSLAV CIHELKA
      Faculty of  Chemical Engineering              SVATOPLUK  ciVIS
       Technickáa 5,  CZ-16628 Praha 6               PATRIK  KANIA
              Czech Republic                        LUCIE KOLESNIKOVA
                                                     JINDRICH KOUBEK
                    and                                PAVEL KUBAT
                                                      MILOS MAZANEK
 Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic          JITKA  ONDRACKOVA
J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry           PETR PRACNA
               Dolejskova 3                         KVETA STEJSKALOVA
             CZ-18223 Praha 8                        LUCIE STRITESKA
              Czech Republic                         MARIE SIMECKOVA
                                                      ZBYNEK  SKVOR
          Tel.: +420 220 444 267                     VLADIMIR SPIRKO
                +420 266 053 635                       KAREL VOLKA
          Fax:  +420 286 582 307                      ONDREJ VOTAVA
      E-mail: [log in to unmask]                  IVAN  WILHELM
                                                     ZDENEK ZELINGER

                      INTERNATIONAL STEERING COMMITTEE

          PER JENSEN,  chairman                      ALAIN CAMPARGUE
       FB C  - Theoretische Chemie                   LUCIANO  FUSINA
    Bergische  Universitaet Wuppertal                THERESE R. HUET
       Gesamthochschule  Wuppertal                  MAREK  KREGLEWSKI
             Gaussstrasse 20                          JOHN P. MAIER
            D-42097 Wuppertal                      VALERY I. PEREVALOV
                 Germany                             STEPHEN C. ROSS
         Tel.:  +49 202 439 2468                   LAURENCE S. ROTHMAN
         Fax:   +49 202 439 2509                    WOLFGANG   STAHL
     E-mail: [log in to unmask]                KOICHI M. T. YAMADA

                        2ND CIRCULAR: MARCH 2006

The conference will be held in Prague-Dejvice [close to Vitezne Namesti
with the Metro (subway/underground) station Dejvicka], in university
campus buildings of the Institute of Chemical Technology and the Czech
Technical University.  The local organization will be undertaken in a
collaboration between the Institute of Chemical Technology
(http://www.vscht.cz/homepage/english/main), the Academy of Sciences of the
Czech Republic (represented by the J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical
Chemistry and the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry),
the Czech Technical University, the Charles University, and the
Czechoslovak Spectroscopic Society.

Please note that the meeting starts on a Tuesday and ends on a Saturday.
This revolutionary new conference concept will typically have you
arrive in Prague on Monday, August 28 in the afternoon/evening.
The meeting begins on Tuesday, August 29 in the morning and ends
on Saturday, September 2 at lunchtime.

Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, is a first-rank European
cultural centre. It is not only a historical city with an extensive
legacy of gothic and baroque cultural treasures, but also a modern
metropolis with an infrastructure prepared to welcome more than a
million visitors per year.

Scientific program:
-------------------
There will be 11 invited lectures by:

KELLY CHANCE, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, Cambridge,
      Massachusetts, USA
ATHENA COUSTENIS, Observatoire de Meudon, France
YASUKI ENDO, University of Tokyo, Japan
ERIC HESSELS, York University, Toronto, Canada
KARL KLEINERMANNS, University of Duesseldorf, Germany
GERARD MEIJER, Fritz-Haber-Institut der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft,
      Berlin, Germany
MICHEL MONS, Laboratoire Francis Perrin, CEA, Saclay, France
OLEG POLYANSKY, Arbeitsgruppe Chemieinformationssysteme,
      Universitaet Ulm, Germany
CRISTINA PUZZARINI, University of Bologna, Italy
YOSHIHIRO SUMIYOSHI, University of Tokyo, Japan
WIM UBACHS, Laser Centre, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands

In addition, during the conference the ceremonial Ioannes Marcus Marci
Session, held under the auspices of the Czechoslovak Spectroscopic
Society, will take place in a historic lecture hall in the city centre
with the featured Ioannes Marcus Marci speaker

THEODOR W. HAENSCH (2005 Nobel Laureate), Ludwig-Maximilian-Universitaet
Munich, Germany,

and the opening speaker

PHILIP R. BUNKER, Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences,
National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Contributions, which will be presented partly as posters and partly as
contributed lectures, are invited in the fields of:

 * Observation, measurement, and analysis of high resolution
   rotational, vibrational, or electronic spectra of molecules
   (radicals, ions, complexes, clusters, ...) in the gas phase or in
   matrices.

 * Experimental techniques for observing such spectra.

 * Theory assisting the prediction, simulation, and interpretation of
   them.

 * Applications in related fields such as the physics and chemistry
   of the atmospheres of planets and cool stars, the physics and
   chemistry of the interstellar medium, chemical kinetics,
   combustion science, remote sensing, etc.

Abstracts
---------
Abstracts can be submitted electronically after April 15, 2006.
You will receive details concerning Electronic Abstract Submission.

The deadline for submission of abstracts is June 9th 2006

ELECTRONIC ABSTRACT SUBMISSION (EAS)

We offer fully automated electronic abstract submission. We employ
slightly modified versions of the programs written by Dr. Sergey Panov
and Prof. Terry A. Miller for the Ohio State University Symposia on
Molecular Spectroscopy.  We are very grateful to Dr. Panov and Prof.
Miller for making these programs available to us.

To submit your abstract electronically, you must download the
instructions.  To accomplish this, do one of the following:

* Access the PRAHA2006 WWW site at
   http://www.chem.uni-wuppertal.de/conference/ and follow the
   menu to electronic abstract submission instructions, or

* Access our anonymous ftp server at
    ftp.uni-wuppertal.de and download the file submit, or

* Send an email to [log in to unmask]
   The email should contain only the subject line:
   EAS Instructions.

When you have completed your electronic abstract, just email it to our test
address for viewing or to the above email address for actual submission.
Upon receipt, your document will be processed by a LaTeX-2e compiler
and you will automatically receive an email reply indicating either a
successful submission or a problem. If you submit electronically and you
receive confirmation of a successful submission, you need do nothing
more. Once you have successfully submitted your abstract,
DO NOT resubmit it or a "revised" copy electronically.
DO NOT send us an additional paper copy. Either action could result in
your abstract being included twice in the program. Please note that we can
only handle one format for electronic submission. LaTeX was chosen because
of its support by several American professional societies and widespread
use in the worldwide scientific community.

You can present your contribution as a poster (default) or as a talk. If
you prefer a talk, please make the appropriate indication in the file
submitted to EAS (see the "\category" and "\timereq" commands in the
Instructions for EAS on our conference homepage). Duration of
contributed talks is limited to 15 min. Owing to the limited time
available for contributed talks, we may not be able to grant all
applications for oral presentations or we may find it necessary to
shorten some contributed talks. If we have to shorten your talk or
turn it into a poster, we will inform you about this as soon as possible.

SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS BY PAPER MAIL OR
ELECTRONICALLY AS A MS-WORD FILE
-------------------------------------
(for this service, we charge  3 EUR/abstract).

You are strongly discouraged from submitting abstracts by paper mail or
as MS-WORD files. Please use the electronic abstract submission (EAS)
facility if at all possible. However if you must, then submit an MS-Word
file as an attachment to an e-mail to [log in to unmask] or, if there
really is no nother possibility, send two printed copies of each abstract to

PRAHA2006,
c/o Prof. Stepan Urban
J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry,
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic,
Dolejskova 3, CZ-182 23 Praha 8,
Czech Republic,

before June 9th 2006.

If you submit your abstract on paper or electronically as a WORD file,
it can only be reproduced correctly if you follow the rules in this
paragraph:

 * Each abstract should be typed on a single sheet of A4 (210 x
   297 mm) or letter size (8.5 x 11") paper.

 * The typed area should not exceed 150 x 237 mm as indicated on
   the model abstracts.  Anything outside this area will be cut off.

 * The typed area should be centered on the page so that the
   margins are at least 30 mm wide.

 * The quality of the typing should be sufficient for photographic
   reproduction.

 * Each abstract should be headed by the title of the
   communication together with the names, affiliations, and mailing
   addresses of the authors.

 * Names of authors who will be present at the conference should
   be underlined.

We would like the abstracts in the conference book to be of
uniform appearance. Hence we would much appreciate it if you would
use 12 pts Roman or Times New Roman font with a line spacing of 1.5,
set the abstract title in bold capitals, the authors' names in small
capitals, and the affiliations and addresses in italics.

PRAHA2006 Pliva Prizes
----------------------
At the meeting, PRAHA2006 Pliva Prizes will be awarded for the best student
poster contributions.

The prizes will consist of a diploma and the recipients will be given
a collectionselection of spectroscopic books.

In order to be eligible for a PRAHA2006 Pliva Prize, a student must

 *  be the primary (first) author of the work being presented;

( *  for talks: be the actual presenter of the talk; do we want this????)

 *  for posters: assume the sole responsibility for the presentation
    during the entire session, and

 *   be working for a Ph.D. or having completed it within the last
     12 months (at the time of the meeting).

If students wish to compete with their poster for the PRAHA2006 Pliva Prize,
she or he should indicate this by the word "Pliva" in the "\comment"
field of the EAS submission (due by June 9th 2006)
for the talk or poster to be judged, if this abstract is submitted
electronically.  The research supervisor should send a letter
(to  PRAHA2006, c/o Prof. Per Jensen, FB C  - Theoretische Chemie,
Bergische  Universitaet Wuppertal, Gaussstrasse 20, D-42097 Wuppertal,
Germany) certifying that the student meets all  of the above requirements.
The letter of certification should mention  the unique identification
(in the form "pnnn", where "nnn" is a three-digit  number) assigned to the
abstract by the electronic abstract submission  software. The letter of
certification is not a nomination letter and will  not be considered by
the prize judges. If the abstract is submitted by paper mail, the letter
of certification should mention its title and authors.

Accommodation
-------------
Reservation of accommodation should be made before June 9th 2006
(see the registration form).  There are two dormitories
available: The luxurious Masaryk dormitory (two-bed
rooms) and the standard Sinkule dormitory [limited amount of rooms
with two beds]. Both dormitories are within easy walking distance
(3-5 minutes) of the conference site. The two-bed rooms can be rented
as single rooms.  To obtain the lowest price, you have to pay the full
price for these rooms before June 9, 2006.

For participants who prefer to stay in hotels, we will help with
contacting any Prague hotel. The organizers provide hotel rooms of
the *** category within walking distance (3-8 minutes). Approximate
rates for these rooms are given below.  Deposits are required as given
on the registration form.  However, by late reservation and/or late
deposit payment, we will redirect you to a tourist center to book
your the hotel rooms which may be located some distance
from the conference site.  In hotels of category ***, the rooms have
telephones, TV sets, private bathrooms and toilets.

Expected accommodation prices (CZK per person per night)
Student dormitory:
high standard (Masaryk dormitory): one person/room    1050 / 1200*
                                  two persons/room     550 / 650*
good standard dormitory:          one person /room     750 / 850*
                                  two persons/room     350 / 500*
Hotel***                          one person /room    1400 / 2000*
                                  two persons/room     900 / 1200*

The rates include 19% value-added tax (VAT).

The rates marked by asterisks apply if you pay on site.
A limited number of the standard dormitory rooms
will be reserved on a first-(come+pay)/first-serve basis.

At present, 1000 CZK (Czech crowns) is approximately equivalent to
34.80 EUR or 41.95 USD.

Please note that the accommodation can be extended by one night for those
participants who wish to spend more time in Prague after the end or before
the beginning of the conference. These preferences should be indicated in
the registration form.

Meal packages will be available as given on the registration form.

Registration
------------
You should register before May 25th 2006 (see the registration form).
If you have submitted a preregistration form, you should receive the
registration form by e-mail during the first weeks of April  2006.
Otherwise, Yyou can get a registration form in one of the following ways:

 * Download the pdf file regf.pdf or the WORD document
   regf.doc from our ftp server (you can do this from our website
   at http://www.chem.uni-wuppertal.de/conference/). These files are
   formatted for A4 paper. If you use letter size (8.5 x 11 inch) paper,
   please download regf_lett.pdf or regf_lett.doc. The files contain pdf
   and WORD versions of the registration form. You can print out the files
   and fill  out the printed form, or fill out the WORD document
   electronically and  then print it. The printed form must be signed
   (important!)  and sent by paper mail or FAX to the address indicated.

 * Contact the local organizers (by paper mail, phone, fax, or e-mail.
   and give them your paper mail address.

Registration fee
----------------

The registration fee is as follows. All prices are given in Czech Crowns
(CZK) and include 19% value-added tax.

                     Before June 9,     After June 9,    On site payment
                            2006              2006
Standard participant        9 400 CZK        9 700 CZK       10 000 CZK
Student ***                 5 400 CZK        5 700 CZK        6 000 CZK
Accompanying persons        5 400 CZK        5 400 CZK        5 500 CZK

***If you claim the reduced fee for students, please submit a copy of your
valid student identity card or its equivalent.

You can pay by bank cheque/Money order/Eurocheque, payable to Ustav fyzikalni
chemie J.H. AV CR, Dolejskova 3, Praha 8 (avoid paying with postal cheques
and personal cheques), or you can pay by bank transfer to

Name of account:           Ustav fyzikalni chemie UFCH J.H. AV CR
Recipient address:         Dolejskova 3, 182 23 Praha 8, Czech Republic
Account No.:               111180251/0300
IBAN :                     CZ31 0300 0000 0001 1118 0251
Swift-Code (BIC):          CEKOCZPP
Bank:                      CSOB, Ke Stirce 50, 182 00 Praha 8,
                           Czech Republic
Purpose of Payment:        PH06/<participant name>

Cheques or money orders should be sent to

                   PRAHA2006/ Prof. Stepan Urban
                   J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry
                   Dolejskova 3, CZ-182 23 Praha 8
                   Czech Republic

Of course, you can also pay by VISA or Eurocard/Mastercard.
Please send all information regarding payments by
Eurocard/Mastercard or VISA card to the "PRAHA2006/Prof.Stepan Urban"
address given above.

For administration of credit card payments we need the card
number, name of the card holder and expiration date AS WELL AS
the control code (CVV2 for VISA or CVC2 for EC/MC) which are the
last three digits of the number printed on the signature slip on the
reverse of the card.

In case the payment covers the costs of more than one participant,
please send us (for example by e-mail to [log in to unmask]) a
complete list of their names. Do not forget to mention the name of the
participant given under "Purpose of Payment" above.

Please, do not pay before you have sent the filled-out and signed
registration form!!!

You can cancel your registration until August 5th, 2006. Your
payment will be refunded with a 700CZK deduction for administration
purposes.

Social program
--------------
During the conference there will be a reception, a concert
followed by a light snack, a sight-seeing trip, and excursions for
accompanying persons.

3rd circular with meeting information
-------------------------------------
July 2006. This circular will give instructions for preparing the
posters and local travel directions.

WWW server
----------
The conference has a home page on the World Wide Web providing
up-to-date information. Start browsing at URL

     http://www.chem.uni-wuppertal.de/conference/

ftp server
---------
The conference has an ftp server at

      ftp.uni-wuppertal.de

Use "ftp" or "anonymous" as user id and enter your complete e-mail
address as password. The conference files are in the directory
local/praha06.
The ASCII file read.me gives a list of the files available
and describes their contents.

PRAHA2006 special issue of Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy
It is planned to publish a special issue of Journal of Molecular
Spectroscopy with papers resulting from work presented at PRAHA2006.
Contributions to this issue (which will be reviewed in the standard
manner) should be submitted to the journal before December 31, 2006.
More details will be given at the conference.

Preliminary program format
--------------------------

|       | Tuesday   | Wednesday | Thursday  | Friday    | Saturday |
|-------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|----------|
| 09:00 | Opening   | Lectures  | Lectures  | Lectures  | Lectures |
|       | Lectures  |           |           |           |          |
|-------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|----------|
| 10:30 | Posters   | Posters   | Posters   | Lectures  | Lectures |
|-------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|----------|
| 12:00 |   Lunch   |   Lunch   |   Lunch   |   Lunch   |   Lunch  |
|-------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|----------|
| 14:00 | Lectures  | Lectures  |    IMM    |           |          |
|-------|-----------|-----------|  SESSION  |   FREE    |          |
| 16:00 | Posters   | Posters   |           |           |          |
|-------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|          |
| 18:00 | Dinner    | Dinner    | Reception | Dinner    |          |
|       |           |           |           | Concert   |          |

Per Jensen                                   Room  : L 13.12
FB C - Mathematik und Naturwissenschaften    Phone : +49 202 439 2468
Fachgruppe Chemie                            Fax   : +49 202 439 2509
Bergische Universitaet Wuppertal
D-42097 Wuppertal
Germany

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
WWW   : http://www.chem.uni-wuppertal.de/adressen/jensen_new.shtml

The table of contents and a synopsis of the newly published book
``Fundamentals of Molecular Symmetry'' by Philip R. Bunker and PJ are at:
http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_contents.asp?id=
&parent_id=&sku=IP298&pc.

Information about ``Computational Molecular Spectroscopy''
edited by PJ and Philip R. Bunker can be obtained from
http://www.chem.uni-wuppertal.de/cms/

Information about the second edition of ``Molecular Symmetry and Spectroscopy''
by Philip R. Bunker and PJ can be obtained from
http://www.monographs.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/cisti/journals/rp/rp2_book_e?mlist1_90