DIASPORA-MEDIA  2006

DIASPORA-MEDIA 2006

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Fountainhead e-Letter, Berlin/Germany, January 2006

"Fountainhead Tanz Theatre/Black International Cinema/The Collegium - Forum & Television Program Berlin/Cultural Zephyr e.V." <[log in to unmask]>

Diasporas, Transnational Communities and the Media

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:11:24 +0000

text/plain

FOUNTAINHEAD® TANZ THEATRE
e – LETTER, Berlin/Germany
January 2006
FOUNTAINHEAD® TANZ THEATRE

INSPIRATION - CREATION - FULFILLMENT
PERSONIFIED

INSPIRATION - KREATION - ERFÜLLUNG
PERSONIFIZIERT

Table of Contents/Inhalt

1.
    THE COLLEGIUM TELEVISION PROGRAM BERLIN
    LIVE - LIVE - LIVE - LIVE - LIVE - LIVE - LIVE - LIVE - LIVE

    FEBRUARY 19, 2006
    9-10 pm / 21-22 Uhr
    Offener Kanal Berlin

2.  PART XLV
    Grownupism! 1 Day, When I Grow Up!
    Erwachsensein! Eines Tages, Wenn Ich Erwachsen Werde!

3.  XXI. BLACK INTERNATIONAL CINEMA 2006

4.  FOUNTAINHEAD® TANZ THEATRE
    bunddesign
    &
    KIEZMEILE

    present

    "Footprints In The Sand?" / Classic In Black Exhibition

    &

    CULTURAL EXPRESSIONS OF BLACK WRITERS FROM THE 19th THROUGH THE 21st CENTURY
    Marie Winfield & Harry Louiserre

    A multimedia presentation

5.  FOUNTAINHEAD® TANZ THEATRE DISTRIBUTION
    Film - Video - Publishing
    Sales & Rental Service

    in association with / in Verbindung mit

    FREUNDE DER DEUTSCHEN KINEMATHEK e.V.
    (Friends of the German Film Archive)

    present / präsentieren

    THE BEST
    of
    BLACK INTERNATIONAL CINEMA
    2004/2005

6.  BLACK HISTORY MONTH 2006

7.  THE COLLEGIUM
    FORUM & TELEVISION PROGRAM Berlin

http://members.aol.com/bicdance
www.fountainhead-tanz-theatre.de
www.black-international-cinema.com

Please send replies to / Bitte senden Sie Antworten an

1.

The Collegium Television Program LIVE
Sunday, February 19, 2006
9 - 10 p.m. / 21 - 22 Uhr
Offener Kanal Berlin

ARTS CALENDAR:

FUASI ABDUL-KHALIQ & FRIENDS

2.

PART XLV
Grownupism!
1 Day, When I Grow Up!

So, as usual, I wuz sittin' an' stinkin' 'bout life in general an' my life in
partikular.
Wow, skool vakations come an' gone, along with Santa Claus an' Happy New Year!
Man, you wait an' wait for these days an' before you know it, they're here an'
gone an' the next thing you know, skool is in your face, you're outta the happy
moods days an' the dragon-teechers are starin' at you an' your pardnurs with
their hands out, lookin' for homework papers, which we shudda done, but forgot
'bout in all the celebrations, presents, visitors, eatin', travelin' an' lookin'
at T.V. with your family an' friends!
Man, whatta great invention Xmas time is an' it's so great, it oughta come more
than once a year! Maybe once a month?
This'll be better for ol' Stetson Hat to work on, than wars, spyin' on peeple,
givin' big bonuses to folks, that don't need it!
Well, the dragon-teecher sez, his house of cards is startin' to collapse an'
maybe the voters will look much more carefully before they leap onto a sword
like ol' Stetson Hat!
Wow, the dragon sed that with lottsa feelin', so I guess she's serious!?
I wuz so busy flyin' around from city to city for the holidays, I didn't even
notice all that politic stuff the dragon is talkin' 'bout!?
But, I guess she knows wut she's talkin' 'bout, 'cause when I tol' granma an'
papa wut she sed, they agreed 100%!
Granma sed, "It's still a mystery to me how this man and all those people with
him could have fooled the people so well, so many times. And all the while the
people are paying for it with lives, money and depressions!
Even Christmas can't make us forget about the ol' Stetson Hat mess.
It looks like his old man and Colin Powell knew what they were doing the first
time we danced the Iraq waltz."
Papa sed, "The son was trying to outdo his father and is failing big time. It
serves him right for trying to outdo his father by showing off in Iraq and
performing so badly. The only problem is, it costs so many people, so dearly and
he's still in office!"
Whew, I thought! This is heavy stuff!
Speakin' of heavy stuff, my family took my sister an' me to New York City for a
coupla days.
No trains were runnin', so we walked a lot an' this gave us lottsa chances to
eat lottsa places an' shop lottsa places too!
Boy, that train strike reely came in handy!
The buildings were so tall you had to lean backwards to see all the way to the
topa summa the buildings.
Sumtimes you culd feel the snowflakes landin' on your face an' runnin' up your
nose!
It felt funny, with cold white snowflakes meltin' on your face an' in your nose.
But, I liked the feelin'.
The heavy part wuz walkin' down the streets, always crowded an' seein' summa the
peeple dressed in a tonna clothes, tryin' to keep warm an' tryin' to sell caps
an' books an' incense from their outside stands, to peeple that jez kept rushin'
by an' hardly even looked at these outdoor freezin' sales peeple!
The scary things wuz, so many of the peeple looked tired an' drained of their
energy an' the blood in their faces.
They looked like summa the peeple I've seen on T.V. after the vampire had bitten
their neck!
Terrible stuff!
Papa sed, "You can see a lot of the people here are not cared for very well and
that's why they look so drained.
Because they are drained by the people draining the country and taking most of
everything for themselves and leaving the drained people to walk around like
mummies!"
I tried to remember wut papa sed, 'cause I know the dragon's gonna love hearin'
these wurds on my next homework paper! An' I wanna make the dragon as happy as I
can an' then she's off my totally innocent case.
All this strategizin' is makin' me sleepy.
So, I'm gonna say g'nite an' I love U.
G'nite

Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre
Copyright, January 2006

PART XLV
Erwachsensein!
Eines Tages, wenn ich erwachsen werde!

Also, wie üblich war ich am Sitz'n und Stink'n übas Leben im Allgemein' und im
Besonder'n.
Wow, Schulferjen komm' und geh'n, genauso wie Nikolaus und Frohes Neues Jahr!
Mann, du wartest und wartest auf diese Tage und bevor du's auch nur weißt, sind
sie da und wieder weg, und das nächste, was du weißt, die Schule liegt vor dir.
Die Tage mit dem glücklichen Gefühl sind vorbei und die Drachenlehrer starr'n
dich und deine Kumpels an mit ausgestreckter Hand und valang' nach den
Hausaufgaben, die wir gemacht hab'n sollt'n, die wir aber vagess'n hab'n bei all
dem Feiern, den Geschenken, Besuchern, dem Essen, Reisen und Fernsehen mit der
Familie und Freunden!
Mann, was 'ne tolle Erfindung Weihnachten is' und es is' so klasse, es sollte
mehr als einmal im Jahr stattfind'n!
Vielleicht einmal im Monat?
Daran sollte olle Texashut besser arbeit'n als an Kriegen, Leute ausspionier'n
und Leuten dicke Extras geb'n, die sie nich' brauch'n!
Nun, die Drachenlehrerin sagt, sein Kartenhaus fängt an zu brökeln und
vielleicht werd'n die Wähler viel besser hinseh'n bevor sie ins offene Messer
renn´ namens olle Texashut!
Wow, der Drachen sagte das mit 'ner Menge Gefühl, also denk ich ma', sie meint
das ernst!?
Ich war so sehr damit beschäftigt, von Stadt zu Stadt zu flieg'n in den Ferijen,
der ganze Politikkram is' mir nich' ma' aufgefall'n, üba den der Drachen
gesproch'n hat!?
Aber ich vamute, sie weiß worüba sie spricht, weil, als ich Oma und Papa davon
erzählt hab, hab'n sie 100% zugestimmt!
Oma sagte: "Es ist mir immer noch ein Rätsel, wie dieser Mann und diese ganzen
Leute mit ihm die Menschen so gut zum Narren halten konnten, so viele Male. Und
die ganze Zeit bezahlen die Menschen dafür mit ihrem Leben, ihrem Geld und mit
Depressionen!
Sogar Weihnachten lässt uns den Schwindel von Texashut nicht vergessen.
Es sieht so aus, als ob sein alter Herr und Colin Powell beim ersten Mal gewusst
haben, was sie taten, als wir diesen Walzer mit dem Irak tanzten."
Papa sagte: "Der Sohn versuchte, seinen Vater zu übertreffen, und scheiterte
gewaltig. Es geschieht ihm ganz recht dafür, dass er versuchte seinen Vater zu
überbieten, indem er mit dem Irak angab und bitter versagte. Das einzige Problem
ist, dass es so viele Menschen forderte, so schmerzlich ist, und er ist immer
noch im Amt!"
Puh, dachte ich! Das is' 'ne heftige Sache!
Wo ich grad von heftigen Sachen sprech, meine Familie is' mit meiner Schwester
und mir für'n paar Tage nach New York City gefahr'n.
Nich' eine Bahn ging, also sind wir 'ne Menge gelauf'n und dadurch hatt'n wir
viele  Möglichkeiten, an vielen Plätzen zu ess'n und auch an vielen Plätzen zu
shopp'n!
Junge, der Bahnstreik kam echt wie geruf'n!
Die Häuser war'n so hoch, du musstest dich zurückleh'n, um bei manchen Gebäuden
ganz nach oben zu seh'n.
Manchma' konntest du fühl'n, wie die Schneeflocken auf deinem Gesicht land'n und
deine Nase hochlauf'n!
Das fühlte sich komisch an, mit den Schneeflocken, die auf deinem Gesicht
schmelzen und in deiner Nase.
Aber ich mochte das Gefühl.
Der heftige Teil war, die Straße hinunter zu lauf'n, imma voll von Menschen und
manche von den Leuten mit Tonnen von Kleidung, die vasucht'n, warm zu bleib'n
und Mützen und Bücher und Räucherstäbchen an ihren Straßenständen zu verkauf'n,
an Menschen, die einfach vorbei eil'n und diese frierenden Menschen an ihren
Straßenständen kaum beachtet'n!
Das Beängstigende war, so viele dieser Menschen sah'n so müde aus und
ausgelaugt, ohne Energie und Blut in ihrem Gesicht.
Sie sah'n aus wie manche der Leute, die man im Fernsehen sieht, nachdem sie der
Vampir in den Hals gebiss'n hat!
Scheußliches Zeugs!
Papa sagte: "Du kannst sehen, dass für viele Menschen hier nicht sehr gut
gesorgt wird, deshalb sehen sie so ausgelaugt aus.
Weil sie von den Menschen ausgelaugt werden, die das Land auslaugen und sich das
Meiste von Allem für sich selbst nehmen und die ausgelaugten Menschen
herumlaufen lassen wie Mumien!"
Ich hab vasucht, mir zu merk'n, was Papa sagte, weil ich weiß, dass der Drachen
es liebt, die Worte in meiner nächsten Hausaufgabe zu hör'n!
Und ich möchte den Drachen so glücklich machen, wie ich kann, dann lässt sie von
meinem total unschuldigen Fall ab.
Dieses ganze Strategisieren macht mich müde.
Also sag ich 'Nacht und hab euch lieb.
'Nacht

Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre
Copyright, Januar 2006

3.

XXI. BLACK INTERNATIONAL CINEMA 2006

“Meet Us In St. Louis“

    in cooperation with

    UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI, ST. LOUIS, MO./USA
    CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
    & SAINT LOUIS ART MUSEUM
    April 22 - 24

    UNESCO / PARIS/France
    April 27 - 30

    die kurbel cinema / BERLIN/Germany
    May 4 - 7

    in association with
    CLASSIC IN BLACK

    ENTRY FORM INFORMATION
    http://www.black-international-cinema.com/BIC06/HTML/bic06_frameset.htm

4.

FOUNTAINHEAD® TANZ THEATRE
bunddesign
&
KIEZMEILE

present

"Footprints In The Sand?" / Classic In Black Exhibition

&

CULTURAL EXPRESSIONS OF BLACK WRITERS FROM THE 19th THROUGH THE 21st CENTURY
Presenters: Marie Winfield & Harry Louiserre

A multimedia presentation

Location:
bunddesign, Wisbyer Straße 5, 10439 Berlin/Prenzlauer Berg

Dates:
February 17/18, 24/25 and March 3/4

8:30 p.m. / 20:30 Uhr

5.

FOUNTAINHEAD® TANZ THEATRE DISTRIBUTION
Film - Video - Publishing
Sales & Rental Service

in association with - in Verbindung mit

FREUNDE DER DEUTSCHEN KINEMATHEK e.V.
(Friends of the German Film Archive)

present / präsentieren

THE BEST
of
BLACK INTERNATIONAL CINEMA
2005
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

Cinema Package #1:

MY HOME TOWN
BERLIN GERMANY
A CITY DOCUMENTARY
Producer/Director: Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre
in association with Mega–Vision (filmed 1987-89)
Documentary, Color, 81 min.
Germany 2005
English

PAPA AFRIKA – ON THE ROAD TO THE ROOTS
Director: Otu Tetteh
Documentary, Color, 50 min.
Ghana/Germany 2004/2005
German/English, German and English subtitles
Cinema Package #1 Total Running Time: 131 min.
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

Cinema Package #2:

500 YEARS LATER
Director: Owen 'Alik Shahadah
Documentary, Color, 102 min.
U.S.A./UK 2005
English
Cinema Package #2 Total Running Time: 102 min.
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

Cinema Package #3:

LA RAIZ OLVIDADA / THE FORGOTTEN ROOT
Director: Rafael Rebollar
Documentary, Color, 50 min.
Mexico 2002
Spanish with English subtitles

THE NEW DISCIPLES
Director: Colin Sinclair
Narrative, Color, 36 min.
England 2004
English
Cinema Package #3 Total Running Time: 86 min.
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

Cinema Package #4:

AU PAIR CHOCOLAT
Director: Benson McGrath
Narrative, Color, 87 min.
U.S.A. 2004
English

BLACK STUDIES, USA
Director: 'Niyi Coker, Jr.
Documentary, B/W, 32 min.
U.S.A. 2005
English
Cinema Package #4 Total Running Time: 119 min.
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

Cinema Package #5:

SYMFONIE VOOR EEN STRAATMUZIKANT / SYMPHONY FOR A STREET MUSICIAN
Director: Sergej Kreso
Documentary, Color, 22 min.
The Netherlands 2004
Bosnian/Dutch with English subtitles

GOMSHODEH DAR SHARG / LOST IN EAST
Director: Farid Mirkhani
Narrative, Color, 76 min.
Iran 2004
Turkish with English subtitles
Cinema Package #5 Total Running Time: 98 min.
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

FOUNTAINHEAD® TANZ THEATRE DISTRIBUTION
Film - Video - Publishing
Sales & Rental Service

in association with / in Verbindung mit

FREUNDE DER DEUTSCHEN KINEMATHEK e.V.
(Friends of the German Film Archive)

present / präsentieren

THE BEST
of
BLACK INTERNATIONAL CINEMA
2004
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

Cinema Package #1:

A MAN WITHOUT LIMITS
Producers: Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre & Pol-Tel
Director: Dr. Ntongela Masilela
Documentary, Color, 30 min.
Poland/Germany 1988-1990
English

BLACK PEOPLE, BLACK BERLIN
Producer & Director: Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre
Documentary, Color, 60 min., Germany 1994
English

NO CORAÇÃO DE SHIRLEY / SHIRLEY’S HEART
Director: Edyala Yglesias
Narrative, Color, 20 min., Brazil 2002
Portuguese with English subtitles

I DREAM A WORLD
Producers: Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre & Pol-Tel
Director: Tomas Lewinski
Documentary, Color, 24 min.
Poland/Germany 1988-1990
English
Cinema Package #1 Total Running Time: 134 min.
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

Cinema Package #2:

BRINCANDO COM O SOL/PLAYING WITH THE SUN
Director: Celeste Vargas
Experimental, 3 min. 14 sec.
Brazil 2003
No dialogue

CHERISH
Director: Winta Yohannes
Narrative, Color, 17 min.
U.K. 2000
English

A-ZU-RE
Director: Meg Rickards
Narrative, Color, 24 min.
U.K./South Africa 2002
English/Afrikaanse with English subtitles

GLORY ROAD
Director: Randall Wilson
Documentary, Color, 59 min.
U.S.A. 2002
English
Cinema Package #2 Total Running Time: 103 min.
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

Cinema Package #3:

CUBAMOR
Director: joshua bee alafia
Narrative, Color, 140 min., Cuba/U.S.A. 1999
English and Spanish with English subtitles

Cinema Package #3 Total Running Time: 140 min.
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

Cinema Package #4:

YOLO
Director: Youssef Rabbaoui
Narrative, Color, 18 min.
Germany 2003
English

A ONE COLOR SYSTEM
Director: Yuell Newsome
Narrative, Color, 33 min.
U.S.A. 2003
English

LET IT BURN - THE COMING DESTRUCTION OF THE U.S.A.
Director: Robert Carl Cohen
Documentary, Color, 60 min., U.S.A., filmed in 1968, produced in 2002
English
Cinema Package #4 Total Running Time: 111 min.
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

Cinema Package #5:

REBEL IN THE SOUL
Director: Marie-Françoise Theodore
Narrative/Experimental, Color, 15 min.
U.S.A. 2003
English

RAINHAS DO SALGUEIRO - CIDADANIA RELATIVA /
SALGUEIRO QUEENS - RELATIVE CITIZENSHIP
Director: Silvia Santangelo Jura
Documentary, Color, 45 min., Brazil/Austria 2002
Portuguese with German subtitles

SIDEMAN
Director: Frédéric Baillif
Documentary, Color, 65 min.
Switzerland 2003
English, French with English subtitles
Cinema Package #5 Total Running Time: 125 min.
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

Dear Cinema Lover!

We wish to introduce you, the cinema programmer, educator and cinema lover, to a
selection of films and publications.

New, exciting, informative and audience pleasing, films and publications from
Black International Cinema Berlin, the international and intercultural
film/video festival, founded in Berlin/Germany, 1986!

The Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre Distribution Service offers film packages
available for rental through our distribution service!

Our films and publications offer a wide range of subject matter, perspectives
and filmmakers from around the world!

For information regarding our audience pleasing selections, please contact us
at:

Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre Distribution / Film-Video-Publishing / Sales & Rental
Service
Tel.: 0049-(0)30-782 16 21 / -7546 09 46
Fax: 0049-(0)30-786 34 66
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

Freunde der Deutschen Kinemathek e.V.
Potsdamer Str. 2
10785 Berlin/Germany
DISTRIBUTION/VERLEIH
Karl Winter
Tel.: 0049-(0)30-269 55 150
Fax: 0049-(0)30-269 55 111
www.fdk-berlin.de

Please also see our Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre Distribution Website for
additional information. www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

We look forward to sharing cinema and our books with you, your friends,
students, colleagues and cinema audiences, everywhere!

Give us a try, we aim to please!

Our 2006 film and publication selection will be coming to you, your cinemas and
classrooms soon!

Stay tuned and thank you!

Your Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre Distribution Service

Liebe Kino-Verliebten!

Wir möchten Sie, Kinoveranstalter, Pädagogen und Filmliebhaber, mit einer
Filmauswahl und Publikationen bekannt machen!

Neu, aufregend, informativ und eine Freude für Ihr Publikum – Filme und
Publikationen vom Black International Cinema Berlin, dem internationalen und
interkulturellen Film-/Videofestival, gegründet in Berlin/Deutschland 1986!

Der Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre Distribution Service bietet Filmpakete,
erhältlich durch unseren Verleihservice!

Unsere Filme und Publikationen bieten eine breite Auswahl an Themen,
Perspektiven und FilmemacherInnen aus aller Welt!

Für Informationen zu unserer publikumsliebenden Auswahl schicken Sie uns einfach
eine e-mail an [log in to unmask], rufen Sie uns an unter 030/782 16 21 und 030/75
46 09 46 oder senden Sie ein Fax an 030/786 34 66.

Bitte schauen Sie auch auf unsere Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre Distribution
Webseite für weitere Informationen.
www.black-international-cinema.com/distribution.html

Wir freuen uns darauf, dieses Kinoerlebnis mit Ihnen, Ihren Freunden, mit
Studenten und Kollegen, und Ihrem Kinopublikum zu teilen!

Versuchen Sie uns, wir möchten Sie zufrieden stellen!

Unsere Auswahl an Filmen und Publikationen 2006 kommt demnächst, zu Ihnen, Ihrem
Kino und in Ihr Klassenzimmer!

Bleiben Sie dran und herzlichen Dank!

Ihr Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre Distribution Service

6.

Clear Blue Water e.V

presents

BLACK HISTORY MONTH 2006
February 1 - 28

L’Urbangi Cafe Art Room
Carl-Herz-Ufer 9
10961 Berlin-Kreuzberg
Tel.: 695 15074
Doors open at 18:00

7.

THE COLLEGIUM
FORUM & TELEVISION PROGRAM
Berlin/
Magdeburg/Wolfsburg

and other cosmopolitan cities
und andere kosmopolitische Städte

produced & directed by/produziert und geleitet von
Fountainhead® Tanz Theatre/Black International Cinema/
Cultural Zephyr e.V.

BERLIN
Every Sunday
jeden Sonntag

9.00 - 10.00 pm
21.00 - 22.00 Uhr

Offener Kanal Berlin
Voltastr. 5
13355 Berlin-Wedding

presenting / präsentiert wird
Cinema / Discussion / Arts Calendar
Filme / Diskussion / Kunstkalender

for program information, please contact:
Programminformationen bitte unter:

0049 (0)30-782 16 21
0049 (0)30-75 46 09 46

THE COLLEGIUM TELEVISION PROGRAM BERLIN
LIVE - LIVE - LIVE - LIVE - LIVE - LIVE - LIVE - LIVE - LIVE

THE COLLEGIUM 2006:
February 19
March 19
April 9
May 21
June 18

at 9.00 p.m. / 21.00 Uhr

Mottoes:
"I may not make it if I try, but I damn sure won´t if I don´t..."
Oscar Brown Jr.
"Mankind will either find a way or make one."
C.P. Snow
”Whatever you do..., be cool!"
Joseph Louis Turner
”Yes, I can...!”
Sammy Davis Jr.

©Fountainhead®, January 2006

Create your own newsletter with many great features!
http://www.free-letters.de
Check out http://www.metal-inside.de, one of German's great
metal magazines