SPACESYNTAX  2006

SPACESYNTAX 2006

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: analytic--cont part 2 - a suggestion for the next symposium

Didem Kilickiran <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:50:04 +0000

text/plain

Dear Alan and Professor Seamon,

Many thanks for the wonderful discussion. Professor Seamon would probably
remember me. In the first years of my PhD at the Bartlett, I was very excited
to see that there were actually many parallels between phenomenological
approaches to space (particularly the perspectives of Relph and Prof Seamon)
and believed that a critical dialogue between them could be much productive -
to me SS has much to do with the human experience of space and it provides us
with many tools to get closer analytically to notions like the 'habitus',
'embodiment' and 'belonging', even if these notions do not belong to its
well-established terminology. I couldn't continue my studies in that
direction,
but I am very excited that there is a dialogue now, finally.

May I suggest to have a special keynote/discussion session in the next
symposium
in Istanbul where we could have Prof Seamon along with Alan, and Bill and
Julienne? I believe this would be exciting for everybody and could open a new
path for researchers on both sides - if, of course, it is not too late to find
a lot for this within the programme of the symposium.

Yours,
Didem Kilickiran