Re: Save the Planet

Andy Ray Taylor <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:46:25 +0100

text/plain

I guess I'm questioning if "reductions only"
is the right policy all the way up until the
point when the water is up to our ears.

Will there never come a point when doing the right
thing includes drastic remedial measures?

When/if 9 metres of sea level rise becomes a
blindingly obvious inevitability, would we
say "leave you cities and fight for space in the
mountain hermitages - we're not going to try anything
clever because of the new  organic standards
from the soil association, and some scientists are
worried it might cause some problems for
arthropods"?

Andy

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-05/08/content_328744.htm