Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Stone the crows: a question

Bob Cooper <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:03:47 +0000

text/plain

Now here's a question...
What would I possibly be reciting in my oblivious dotage?
I think the last time I committed things to memory in a conscious way was
when I was at school, many of the speeches in Shakespeare's plays - mainly
The Merchant Of Venice & Macbeth... but I then discovered, at the time, I
could recognise most of the lines from Hamlet (who said them, what the reply
wat etc). I also found I could moan out every Bob Dylan song from his 1st LP
to Highway 61, many - but not every - Beatle songs from the same period, and
so, so, many singles from the charts. If my senility comes in when I'm older
than I am now I guess the carers who hear me won't stand a chance at
figuring out what's going on - even if I don't move from one to the other
without a pause!
I don't think I've used my memory for pleasure as much since then! It's now
very bad.
Bob