Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Bream - Colin

Colin dewar <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:10:44 -0000

text/plain

Mike,
I knew there was something fishy going on, something drawn from the depths.
Personally speaking I don't object to having the author in the poem, as long
as there is plenty of other material too (as here) and possibly some
fertility between the two. But it's a good thing to think about and to be
aware of,
as something that can run to excess.
As for having the author in a metaphorical poem,
you've raised an interesting question and I don't know the answer to that.
My first thought is that few poems are entirely metaphorical, and as in a
conversation, there's rarely just one thing going on. So the aspects which
are not just metaphorical can support the existence of the author.(???)

Colin