Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: sub/interview Colin (& more!)

Bob Cooper <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:24:23 +0000

text/plain

Hi Colin & Mike...
And others who're reading!
I've found it really interesting reading through all the comments about the
two drafts of this poem.
I've been delighted by those who've seen the strengths of the new version
and saddened by those who prefer the more original version.
Why?
Maybe because I see the original version as having "too much of the poet" in
it (when the poet needn't be there)
and the newer version still had a bit of the poet in the poem (that I felt
could go!).
"Poems don't need the poet" is overstating it - cos they're often written
lyrically - but writing without the 1st person pronoun (pronoun = is for
pronouncing things) works! It gives a lot more. Doesn't it? Let the peacocks
be heard behind the poem, not the poet!
Bob

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger