Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: New Sub: The speleologist

Bob Cooper <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:05:23 +0000

text/plain

Hi Arthur,
Maybe I shouldn't comment - cos I feel I'm probably saying what I said to
the previous draft...
but this does seem excessively wordy.
I'm also thinking one of the differences between this style, and a style
that gets used in much contemporary literature about sport in the hills (and
under them!) is the length of sentences. Shorter sentences have a place in
people's writing, they can heighten, accentuate, the drama.
Bob

http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess