Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Making connections- Matt

Mike Horwood <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:24:17 +0200

text/plain

> Hello Matt,
             Thanks for your further thoughts. The question of clarity vs opacity is a problem. I think what I enjoy most, both when I´m writing and when I´m reading is poetry which is obscure in the sense that it moves somewhere in the space between two or more possible interpretations and where interpretation consists not in identifying what the author really means, but in considering what emotions/ideas the tone and imagery of the poem evoke and then applying it to one´s  own experience. So I suppose ambiguous might be a better term.
I´ve taken your suggestion about the first `innocence´ on board. That phrase is now `in the playtimes´. Thanks for that pointer.

Best wishes,   Mike