Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: It Came Upon A Midnight Clear (Bob)

Bob Cooper <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:11:40 +0000

text/plain

Hi Christina,
I'll go along with what you're saying here - and so subdue what I initially
said to a hardly heard murmur.
I've often thought that poets and painters had much in common - but I think
I was making a mistake in the parallel that I drew. I mean I was just
finishing the washing up last night when I realised that painters might not
see their paintings again if they've been sold! Poet's on the other hand
keep their copies.
... And now I'm thinking of mischievous tales of painters who've gone along
later and modified a painting they'd previously sold...
Bob