THE-WORKS  2004

THE-WORKS 2004

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: new subs two short and not so sweet poems (bob)

Sally James <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:10:28 +0100

text/plain

Bob, thank you for your in depth analysis of these two poems. Guess we need
to get into the writers head to fathom some poems out. I agree inscribed
sounds better. I nearly always base my poems on fact as I write from my
heart how I am feeling at that moment in time.
I went to the cemetary placed flowers on my husbands grave it was nearly my
birthday and I was feeling sad. The previous flowers had turned to dust
crumbled in my fingers. There was another lady nearby tending her late
husbands grave and I thought of their ashes and how the flowers could not
mingle with ashes. A seperation if you like. Ashes to ashes dust to dust but
never ashes to dust. Dust to ashes. The dust of the petals a metaphor for
the dust of the women who were sad.
Now for the bookcase poem. Well I was cleaning the bookcase and I have too
many books some "double parked " books in front of books. I could not get on
as I was reading the poetry the dead poets words and the words of poets I no
longer see. I hadn't dusted for ages and although the dead dust cells made
me sneeze the words had much more effect and bothered me all day. I thought
of the words as being alive.
Thank you for your comments. I will most likely have a look at the poems in
a few weeks and do a bit of adjusting here and there. sally j