Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Thin (Faustus)

calaya <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 Apr 2004 15:26:53 -0800

text/plain

Faustus wrote:
G'day, C,

I've been around. Scratching to find a rhythm of
writing again - I seemed to misplace it for quite some
time. More positive signs recently, but not sure yet.
In the meantime, I persist.

And what about yourself then? All well?

My recent problems are as described below.

Ciao for now,

Frank

~~~~~~~~~
bare bones

one's gone
I had to send her off
to take the cure

two's gone
a shoulder popped
and then he was no longer

three's gone
she never did get past
her operation

four's gone
he's turned into some kind of
unavailable

five's gone
I don't remember why
oh yes
he never showed
he never came
his termination was a mere formality

and what have I got

who's left to turn up

who's going to staff the inpatient unit
when there's hardly anybody left
to fill a morning shift

all there is left
the only thing that remains
is an empty skeleton
of staff
***************************
Hi Frank, glad to hear you're still writing tho u feel
somewhat "off" writing. Me, too. Last few months I've
wondered why I bother. But I do. I'd actually gone an
unusually long time "off" until Margaret hopped over
around me a few months ago.{thank you, grassy]
anywho,
Bare Bones; came in on Thin. Hmmm. I seem to recall
reading this before; maybe the first draft? I've done
my thing with it, so you know before you go below that
it's not going to sound like you at all....and if
there is anything here to use you'll have to dig
around for it, like you're digging for staff.  Grin.
Mostly I rearranged. My problem with it is that if I
didn't know that it were a hospital setting- just
because I know you & blah, blah- well, the work just
isn't grounded in the scene soon enuff for me. I like
the count, a lot. But on first read i reckoned the
count for patients. So....here's the go at clearing up
that- for what it's worth. Maybe my mess will spack
something for ya. Hope so. Here it is:[warning: i've
used puncuation. Ha!]

From Skeleton to Scarce Bones

The inpatient director counts:
One staff gone-
sent her off to take a cure.

Two gone; shoulder popped-
he disappeared.
Three gone-

her operation,
her endless recovery.
Four gone-

unavailable;five-
never showed,
his termination a formality.

How to rebuild a skeletal staff,
fill a morning shift?
O, scarce bones.
*******whatcha thimk?

As for how I'm-
alright, I reckon. Getting adjusted to the paralysis,
learning to sleep when sleep hits and stay busy
working when I have the energy, with the local arts
association. Weaving beads and working clay also help
keep the scare at bay. Have a multimedia sculpt piece
in a local contemporary art gallery, juried exhibit,
may find out tonight if it gets a prise or a
mention...if I can catch a ride. Some firends who like
to do the monthly gallery hop, but most with wheel and
close enuff have "better" things to do on Friday
nights, don't you know. Nice quiet week, this one,
tho: house all to myself, Rebecca out of state,
helping her mom get moved into the senior unit. Spring
is teasing- I'm looking forward to the ice breaking
up, enjoying the additional sunlight. Thanks for
asking. Take care.
calaya