Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: The Reason of Things (Ralph Graham)

Wm J Liggins <[log in to unmask]>

A group for the academic discussion of current issues in podiatry <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:22:40 +0100

text/plain

Ralph

I am aware that the Society is a Trade Union.

At risk of repeating myself endlessly, and I am beginning to understand why
readers of these postings become irritated, you ask what needs to be done:-

1.    sort out the areas which are of interest to all and do not conflict
with the interests of others
2.    set up an independent body to which all groups can have input
3.    meet at an independent venue
4.    have an independent Chair
5.    do not pre-judge
6.    be open and honest
7.    crucially, do not hector and bully others

If you really mean that you desire unity and not that you simply desire the
Society to engulf every other organisation, I think that you will find a
surprising degree of co-operation.  If you STILL want the Society to
dominate every aspect of professional life then by all means continue as you
are BUT it will be the Society that is responsible for stagnation.

Kind regards

Bill Liggins