JiscMail Logo

Help for COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Archives

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Archives

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Archives

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Home

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Home

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE  2004

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE 2004

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: Complexity, poetry and stories.

Charles Campion-Smith <[log in to unmask]>

Complexity and chaos theories applied to primary medical and social care <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 8 Mar 2004 18:10:56 +0000

text/plain

This listserve seems like a smouldering bonfire, you think its gone out
but it just takes someone to toss in a few twigs and the flames start
off again - wonderful.

Last week we had the first meeting of a fledging local reflective
practice group, eight people - health visitors, counsellors,
psychologists and GPs. This came out of my meetings with a counsellor
who acted as my mentor as I prepared a reflective narrative portfolio as
part of a further degree. It is only when I stopped and thought and told
the stories of my everyday work that I realised the complex patterns,
history and interconnenctions we as GPs carry in our heads. And then my
mentor said "and what about your narrative?"

Scary stuff when you've been plodding on more or less alone for the past
25 years but hugely helpful for me and seemingly interesting and
worthwhile for my mentor too. So the reflective practice group was born.
We have decided to record the story of the group as a collaborative
diary in which we all share.

Who knows where this will go, but the journey should be fun.

Charles CS

Dr Charles Campion-Smith
38 Prince of Wales Road
Dorchester