LIS-PROFESSION  2004

LIS-PROFESSION 2004

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Cilip is a member led organisation is it?

Catherine Phillpotts <[log in to unmask]>

Chartered Library and Information Professionals <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:46:17 -0000

text/plain

Personally I think the whole discussion - if a little heated in places -
has revealed a lamentable ignorance amongts the membership (myself
included!) in how CILIP works and how decisions are made, as well as in
what CILIP is doing, to help us all (advocacy, government consultations
etc).
I mentioned in an earlier posting that administering chartership must
cost an awful lot more than the fee that people pay when they submit
their report, however it would be very counterproductive to pass the
entire cost onto the chartering candidates - and would probably bar many
from being able to charter.

CILIP's website has recently been revamped and perhaps we should all
spend a bit of time looking at the information provided there, but
perhaps also now would be a good time for an article in Update (also to
be made available on the website) on "How CILIP works and what it
actually does"??

Cathy

Catherine Phillpotts BA MA MCLIP
Teamleader Social Sciences
Senate House Library, University of London
Senate House
Malet St
London WC1E 7HU

020-7862-8449