SPPA Mailing List
[Home]    [Events]    [News]    [Mailing list]    [Members]    [Online resources]    [Study in Scotland]    [Contacts]    [Search]

SCOT-PG-PHIL Archives

SCOT-PG-PHIL Archives

SCOT-PG-PHIL@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

SCOT-PG-PHIL Home

SCOT-PG-PHIL Home

SCOT-PG-PHIL  October 2003

SCOT-PG-PHIL October 2003

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Fwd: PIR Call for reviewers (long)

SPPA News <[log in to unmask]>

The Scottish Postgraduate Philosophy Association <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:21:13 +0000

text/plain

>From: Philosopy in Review <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: PIR Call for reviewers (long)
>Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:26:12 -0700
>
>May I introduce myself as the new Editor of Philosophy in Review, back for
>a third turn of duty, although now from a different home base. I would like
>to thank David Kahane and his colleagues at the University of Alberta (but
>most especially David) for the hard work they have out in to maintain
>PIR’s flourishing in the last few years.
>

>The change-over has been slow, for a variety of reasons. Plans are underway
>to move the PIR website from the U of A to OUC, but these are not yet
>complete. I am therefore issuing my first invitation for reviewers the
>old-fashioned way. A list of books currently available follows at the end
>of this message. The assignment to subjects is unlikely to be perfect. In
>all cases, the title or subtitle is informative as to content, but I can
>provide more details if necessary (bearing in mind the coming weekend is a
>holiday in Canada, and I will not be in my office until Tuesday).
>

>Please send me your expressions of interest by Wednesday October 15th.
>Please send messages directly to [log in to unmask] Do not reply to the list.
>Please feel free to forward this message on to other lists where
>subscribers might be interested. That includes excerpting appropriate
>titles for forwarding to specialized lists.
>

>The choice will not be strictly `first come, first served’. Those who are
>not successful this time receive priority in future inviting. We are
>currently short of reviews for the December 2003 issue. Anyone who can
>truthfully claim to be able to meet that deadline will receive some
>priority. If you have reviewed for PIR before, note as much. Otherwise a
>couple of lines about yourself will be welcome (no CV’s: this is not a
>job advert).
>

>Reviews are assigned to issues in the order the reviews come in. Here are
>the hoped-for deadlines for the next three issues:
>

>Vol. 23 no. 6 December 2003:  November 21st 2003
>
>Vol. 24 no. 1 February 2004:  January 1st 2004
>
>Vol. 24 no. 2 April 2004:  March 1st 2004
>

>March 1st 2004 is the final deadline for the books offered for review in
>this message. However, we will need 30-odd reviews to be completed by the
>January 1st deadline, for the February 2004 issue. I hope that a suitable
>number of folks will be able to commit themselves to that deadline.
>

>Thank you for your continued support of PIR, and I look forward to hearing
>from you.
>

>Roger A. Shiner
>
>Department of Philosophy
>
>Okanagan University College
>
>3333 College Way
>
>Kelowna, B.C.
>
>Canada  V1V 1V7
>

>Contemporary Philosophy
>

>Gil Anidjar, The Jew, The Arab: A History of the Enemy. 1000 words.
>

>Julian Baggini, Philosophy: Key Texts. Introductory book. 1000 words

> [...]

http://www.stir.ac.uk/departments/arts/philosophy/philosophical_club/sppa/
Scot-pg-phil mailing-list information and archives:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/scot-pg-phil.html
Mail to list: [log in to unmask]
Mail to caretaker: [log in to unmask]

Information from philosophy departments across Scotland:
http://www.stir.ac.uk/departments/arts/philosophy/philosophical_club/sppa/scotland.htm

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger