Friday Meeting

Neil Houston <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:33:35 +0100

text/plain

Greetings to all

Moray House is situated off the Royal Mile.

Go to STREETMAP.CO.UK and using the POSTCODE facility type in EH8 8AQ.
As if by magic you will be there.

If walking from Waverley Station, once on ROYAL MILE/CANONGATE watch for a
pend (St.John's Pend) on the right hand side.
Go through that and look towards right and for a terracotta coloured
building. This is Chessel's Land.  Accessed by entering the carpark -
bottom of hill - stairs rise to right - keep to right and doors to
Chessel's on right. Sounds complicated but fairly straight forward.

If driving,  there is a car park on HOLYROOD ROAD - park then cross road
to St Johns Street - Chessel's Land on LEFT accessed through car park at
top of street.

MUSIC DEPARTMENT is on the second floor - follow signs. Follow coffee
smells!

And for Graham,

[1] Some commentary on evidence that the expectations of 5-14 are being
realised, particularly in relation to compositional aspects.
This aspect is rarely picked up as a deficiency, yet as I travel in
schools, there is very little going on. Our students often introduce this
work to the curriculum.
[2] The concept approach encourages children to listen and respond in a
very particular way.  Do we remain certain that this is still the correct
methodology.

See you Friday.

Neil W. Houston
Director of Studies and