Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Today's Guardian

Sally Evans <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 23:49:34 +0000

text/plain

Hi Bob - and Arthur - I think its a scam to avoid paying royalties.
In the unlikely event they get a usable song, they can pay the writer a
prize of say £5000 and pat them on the head, then use the song for all time
without any additional payments.

If they did the obvious thing and commissioned a song from Paul McCartney,
they would have to pay realistic amount for its constant use.
I'd like to see Yoko Ono sorting out the Beeb if they wanted Imagine as a
national song.

As its the Beeb who is singlehandedly responsible for intellectual property
payments getting out of hand, I've no sympathy for them.

bw
SallyE