Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: An Almost Perfect day

Sally Evans <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 21:52:31 +0000

text/plain

Hello Rosalind, and welcome.

 Two quibbles. oer in line one. are you deliberately trying to turn us off
at this stage?  oer is about the biggest no-no in the language, for
contemporary poetry! you could equally well say over.

Last stanza: you dont mean gentlefolk,do you,  but gentle folk.
gentlefolk are like oldfashioned posh country people. as for gentle folk, I
dont know how many of them there are or whether 'we' are gentle.

keep posting!

bw
SallyE