Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Rebirth Day

Bob Cooper <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 02:13:17 +0000

text/plain

Hi Marilyn,
what an amazingt start to a poem! I guess a more common start would be with
stanza two (get into the action, scrub out the speculation) but the
narrator's intrusion right at the start creates so much more... But you're
getting to a complexion of feelings in this poem so I feel the way you start
prefaces things in an interesting way...
I think the adjectives have been mentioned before (and a neat trim may work
here and there, I guess)
I really like the way we see what's she's doing, where she is!
And I feel it's the last but one stanza - with it's highways of hope, its
fortune's herbs, and waltzing to a harbour - is where the language is maybe
a tad rich for the experience. Then in the last stanza the phrase "the
colour inside her heart" is a bit (erm) florid too. Couldn't she just see
the sea (and we will probably hear the orchestra playing in the background
anyway.)
Bob

MSN Messenger - fast, easy and FREE! http://messenger.msn.co.uk