Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: New Poem Xmas shopping

Mike Horwood <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:05:53 +0200

text/plain

> Hello Arthur,
               I founf this a very well observed piece, with many details that are a great pleasure e.g. `quivering apartments´ for the reflection of the buildings in the canal and `dark rainbow´ for the starlings throat. The overall concept I thought worked very well. My only problem was with section ii. I understood that this was a meditation on a chance observation of a woman seen in the station mall. She must have been some kind of a goddess to evoke a dream like that. ...`feet adorned the shining pathways´ felt overwritten to me. I think the strongest section for me was iv, but I enjoyed it all, with those reservations about ii.

Best wishes,    Mike