Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Mike's "Gift" - Bob

Bob Cooper <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:09:47 +0000

text/plain

Hi Mike,
You write: "Is there a better image for the sights we see in our
imagination, which is what the `vivid bloom´"
And I reply: "Dunno... but I'm thinking that whatever words get into the
poem have to belong to the poem, maybe echo/resonate/belong with all else
that's there."
So, maybe... if the vivid bloom was vivid enough to be a purple geranium (!)
(if such a flower exists!) I'd mention the flower in the title, or in the
poem, so the reader can see the flower and find the experience of vividness
for themselves.
Bob

from: Mike Horwood <[log in to unmask]>