Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: New sub: From Stone(Colin)

Colin dewar <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:20:19 +0100

text/plain

James,

I don't know if this applies and please ignore me if it doesn't but I can't
help wondering if there is a good metaphor in there. I asked you once before
if you were aiming for a symbolic content and you said you weren't and so
I'm skating on this ice here, but if you did want to think of an extended
metaphor you could think first what the sentiment was that was most
important to you as you moved around that place and then consider carefully
the physical resources there that might express it. That might require a lot
of mulling over the different aspects of things, giving yourself over to
them and reflecting on the associations arising from them. I find that the
connections betwen a landscape and a state of mind don't come easily but
need to be considered separately from each other.

Colin