Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: sub - exercises in control - Bob

Frank Faust <[log in to unmask]>

The Pennine Poetry Works <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 May 2003 09:46:17 +1000

text/plain

Hi Bob,

Thanks for comments. It's been an interesting piece to work on. Had a good
reception when I read it the other night, but I felt I wanted a little more
threat in my reading - particularly the end. Think I also have to make sure
I don't tell folk it's being read to just what it's about - keep em guessing
LOL.

I've made a few changes, need a few more, but all in all it seems like it
will turn out ok.

The slow pace is an interesting thing that, I think, relates also to the
prose/poetry debate, in a way. What I really aim for is to tell a story, and
I think thta sometimes that process needs to be allowed to unwind at a
slower pace than might be aimed for in a straight poem. I've indicated
previously, though, that I'm uncomfortable with the notion of writing prose,
so there's perhaps a little tension in terms of what kind of writing is it
and what should a reader expect when they start reading. Interesting.

Cheers,

Frank